University of Colorado
The School of Education & Human Development has several openings for temporary, part-time, non-tenure track lecturer positions as part of the Teacher Preparation for Rural Education Partnership (T-PREP) at Otero Junior College (OJC) in La Junta, CO.
The School of Education & Human Development will establish and maintain a pool of Lecturers from which future appointments to temporary, part-time non-tenure-track positions in the Teacher Preparation for Rural Education Partnership (T-PREP) program will be made. This will be a semester-by-semester appointment, with the possibility of renewal. This position will teach STEM 3040 Spring 2018.
The Teacher Preparation for Rural Education Program (T-PREP) at the University of Colorado Denver is partnering with Otero Junior College to bring a Bachelor's Degree program in elementary education to the Arkansas Valley. Pre-service teacher candidates will be in local elementary schools throughout their time in the program, gaining valuable classroom experience as they prepare to become teachers. Paired college education courses provide the methods and theory teacher candidates need while they are out in the field.
- Earned master's degree in Literacy, Education or related field
- Significant successful teaching or work experience in K-12 education, community, or business contexts, especially in rural and diverse settings
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Evidence of understanding of teaching literacy in an elementary education (K-5) setting
- Experience teaching literacy in an elementary education setting
- Experience with culturally, linguistically, and economically diverse communities, knowledge of rural educational community issues, and an interest in collaborating with a variety of constituencies in a rural environment
- Proficient with basic technology (e.g. MS Office)
- Ed.D. or Ph.D. in Education or a closely related field
- Experience teaching in a rural context
- Experience teaching in higher education
- Experience teaching with blended/hybrid models (e.g. Blackboard or eCollege and LiveText)
Salary and Benefits:
The salary for this position has been established at $1800 per 3 credit course taught.
This part-time appointment is not eligible for group health, life insurance and retirement benefits.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers, refer to requisition #13035 REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). Current curriculum vitae 2). Proof of highest degree earned (can be unofficial transcripts) If your application is selected for further consideration, you will be asked to provide two confidential recommendation letters from individuals who have specific knowledge of the skills you possess that apply to this position.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Resume/CV, Unofficial transcript(s)
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30062 - EDUC-Dean's Office
Posting Date: Mar 28, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Becky Emerson
Posting Contact Email: s
Position Number: 00744744