Program Assistant I
*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.*
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine | Department of Surgery, Division of Urology
Program Assistant I
Position #2546 - Requisition 13072
The Department of Surgery, Division of Urology has an opening for a full-time, University Staff (unclassified) Program Assistant I position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
This Program Assistant I will be responsible for providing high-level residency coordination, administrative and technical support to the residents, faculty and manager of the Division of Urology, promoting missions of patient care, teaching, research and service. This role will serve as liaison between faculty, staff, students, patient and visitors.
Examples of Work Performed:
Administrative Responsibilities (35%)
- Provides high-level administrative and technical support to the residents, faculty and manager of the Division of Urology, as well as promoting missions of patient care, teaching, research and service.
- Serves as liaison between residents, faculty, staff, and students.
- Maintains and schedules calendars, files, records, and data for faculty physicians, and processes special reports, manuscripts, and correspondence as requested.
- Prepares teaching related materials, documents, PowerPoint's, handouts, orientation materials for residents, medical students and other trainees--in conjunction with Academic Assistant, Division Manager, or other faculty and educators requiring assistance.
- Processes research related materials and documents, including talks, PowerPoint's, abstracts and manuscripts Prepare materials for program reviews, LCME accreditation, residency site reviews, and other reports and surveys as required by the School of Medicine, UPI, University and other constituents.
- Oversees transcription for all physicians.
Residency & Fellowship Responsibilities (15%):
- Coordinates all aspects of the annual Residency & Fellowship recruitment process in conjunction with the Academic Assistant.
- Develops and maintains up-to-date informational brochures on the Residency & Fellowships, in hard copy and on-line versions, as appropriate.
- Fields prospective resident & fellow information requests primarily by e-mail and phone.
- Establishes interview days for residents & fellows.
- Coordinates faculty interviewers, space, meals, transportation and, in some cases, housing and other needs for prospective residents & fellows.
- Gathers and assembles interview results, and prepares for the Resident & Fellow Match processes, including coordinating a faculty ranking session and ultimate submission of Match list to the on-line system.
Physician Assistance (25%):
- Maintains schedules, calendars, files, records, CV's and data for faculty physicians; include managing all travel arrangements and follow up travel expense packets for reimbursement. Faculty travel frequently for speaking engagement and seminars.
- Processes routine Division business activities to include faculty travel, conference registrations, dues and subscriptions, licensure, hospital privileging and UPI credentialing.
- Manage physician and resident office needs, including office supplies and equipment (examples - copier, fax, pagers, computers, laptops, PDAs and other telecommunication), replacement and repair as needed. Will notify Division Manager of specific IT tasks that may be carried out by Department of Surgery IT personnel.
- Processes expense vouchers as directed by Division Manager, assigning accounting codes and securing signature/authority as required. Facilitate promotions dossier preparation and submission.
- Prepares and oversees the submission of credentialing and re-credentialing information.
Business Services Program Director Assistance (15%):
- Responds directly to the Business Services Program Director to assist with all other business needs that may require clerical or technical assistance in behalf of the daily operations of the division and its faculty members, and specifically in support of the academic, teaching, research and administrative functions of the division.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Four (4) years of general clerical or administrative experience.
Substitution: Appropriate education will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Experience working with Acrobat Software.
- Experience working with SharePoint Software.
- Experience working in higher education.
- Experience working in an academic medical environment.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work, evaluate, problem solve and make informed decision independently.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of personalities and styles.
- Interpersonal, organizational, communication and detail orientation skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2). A current resume/CV. 3). List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Mercy Phan at Mercy.Phan@ucdenver.edu.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Professional Support Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20341 - SOM-SRG-UR DIV Clinical
Posting Date: Mar 28, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Mercy Phan
Posting Contact Email: Mercy.Phan@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00002546