Campus Center - ASSISTANT DIRECTOR - CAMPUS CENTER
Vacancy ID S2267 Job Title ASSISTANT DIRECTOR - CAMPUS CENTER Working Title Assistant Director Department Campus Center School/Parent Organization Student Affairs and Campus Life Division Student Affairs and Campus Life Employment Category Fulltime-Regular Anticipated start date 06/11/2018 If temporary, expected end date Hours per week 37.5 Weeks Per Year 52.2 Normal Start Time 8:30 am Normal End Time 5:00 pm Position/Job Summary
Assist in directing the operation of a comprehensive Campus Center and participate in the planning, development and implementation of student focused social, recreational, and educational programs and services. Coordinate activities associated with the center operations, building maintenance, and facility reservations. Participate in and coordinate operational aspects of programs in the facility to promote student use. Assist in the management of a large student employment program and participate in training student staff in the operation of the Campus Center.
1. Provide direct assistance in the delivery of student focused social, recreational, and education programs and services provide through the Campus Center and coordinate day-to-day center operations. Assist in coordinating building and services usage and ensure proper use of all facilities by individuals, groups, and clients; ensure proper maintenance of equipment in all facilities; provide information and explanations to customers and clients regarding policies.
2. Assist in coordinating and supervising Campus Center operational areas including the Recreation Center, Information Desk, and Event Set-up. Develop and implement the weekly set-up schedule and assist with event set-ups as needed. Organize and manage building keys and the key sign-out process, and oversee the lost and found service at the Information Desk.
3. Serve as advisor to the IC After Dark student organization and ensure delivery of alternative weekend programming to the campus community, with a focus on first-year and residential students. Monitor and verify expenditure of budgeted funds ensuring proper reconciliation, meet weekly with the executive board members of IC After Dark to provide guidance and support for collaborative programming, member recruitment and retention, and other campus-wide efforts.
4. Coordinate building and services usage and monitor facility condition. Submit service requests, cleaning requests, and capital project requests to maximize the appearance and function of the facility.
5. Assist in the management of a large student employment program to include daily supervision of student staff engaged in the operation of the Campus Center. Approve, and oversee payroll and manage the hiring process for student staff; update staff manual, nametags, and name plates; meet weekly with each staff group consisting of Campus Center Operations Managers and Campus Center Operations Staff.
6. Participate in the overall budget planning process for the Campus Center and assist in managing the Campus Center operational budget to include running reports and reconciling purchases. Manage the process for awarding the Anne Humphrey and the Campus Center Scholarship's.
7. Implement the Ithaca College's solicitation process; update solicitation forms as necessary and approve solicitation application forms.
8. Advise the Campus Center Reenvisioning Board; oversee and manage the budget for this board; meet weekly with the board leadership; attend programs and events as needed.
9. Develop and demonstrate a multicultural awareness and contribute to cultivating an inclusive, diverse and respectful College community. Demonstrate civil and inclusive behavior when interacting with staff, faculty, students and visitors to the College. Promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work and living environment and engage in educational opportunities to increase awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion.
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of three years of experience in higher education administration or student union operations; previous supervisory experience, strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to effectively work and interact respectfully within a diverse and inclusive environment; demonstrated commitment to student development, ability to plan and facilitate training and development workshops, ability to work independently and as a member of a team, and flexibility to work nights and weekends are required.
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.
Instructions for submitting your application:
Interested applicants must apply online at http://ithaca.edu/jobs/ and attach a resume and cover letter. Questions about online application should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274-8000. Screening of applications will begin immediately.
Work authorization (select one): Visa sponsorship is not provided for this position Department description College Description
At Ithaca College, a comprehensive residential campus community of 6,500 students, we strive to be at the forefront of the higher education landscape. We offer a distinct integrative learning experience that makes students ready for the personal, professional, and global challenges of our age.
We seek candidates who embrace integrative learning and want to be a part of this exciting time in Ithaca College history. We encourage creative collaboration and innovation in our faculty and staff, providing support and resources for them to grow in their fields and lead students to their own innovative ideas and achievements.
We welcome different ways of thinking and look for candidates with unique points of view and life experiences. We are inclusive of individuals with a wide range of cultural, personal, and professional backgrounds, talents, and skills. Our campus is a vibrant and rewarding community where diverse minds can learn, succeed, and excel.
When reviewing candidates, we are looking for indicators of a number of core competencies. Prospective candidates must be adaptable, collaborative, inclusive, respectful, responsive, results driven, and sustainable. They must communicate effectively, demonstrate leadership, exhibit professional integrity and ethics, take initiative, value personal and professional development, and show that they will engage in the college.
Nestled in the heart of New York State's scenic Finger Lakes region, Ithaca College sits atop South Hill overlooking picturesque Cayuga Lake and is just minutes away from the city center. Combining small town warmth and charm with the vibrancy of a college community, the thriving and culturally diverse city of Ithaca has been rated by Kiplinger's as one of the top 10 places to live in the United States.
To learn more about Ithaca College, visit us at http://ithaca.edu
Market Hiring Range $44,500 - $47,500 FLSA Status Exempt Is this position eligible for benefits? Yes
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
- Reference List
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).