Associate Director, Instructional Development
Associate Director, Instructional Development
Assc Dir, Instructional Devel
Learn Enhanc Assess & Redesign - 110220
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm
The Center for Learning Enhancement, Assessment, and Redesign (CLEAR) supports the University's goals of providing the best undergraduate educational experience in Texas and providing a superior graduate education by working closely with faculty to maximize their teaching effectiveness regardless of mode of instructional delivery. We assist faculty in the design and delivery of courses as well as the measurement of learning at the class, department, and college level. We serve as the liaison for various administrative and technical support functions, thereby saving faculty's time, talent, and creative energies for their students. We provide leadership in the development of polices and the exploration of innovative tools and techniques that promote teaching excellence.
CLEAR supports the UNT teaching community through workshops, seminars, conferences, individual consultations, and the resources available on the CLEAR website with emphasis on aligning theory and practice for the roles required of university instructors in lecture halls, seminar rooms, virtual classrooms and labs across all disciplines.
The Center for Learning Enhancement, Assessment, and Redesign (CLEAR) at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Associate Director, Instructional Development to join our team.
This position is responsible for providing strategic planning and daily oversight of assigned area of Instruction Consulting which may include: instructional design, learning outcomes assessment, and/or faculty development. Oversees assigned aspects of online education, educational technologies and/or teaching excellence for the University. Functions as a key partner with stakeholders in accomplishing the goals of the unit and University through use of online education, educational technologies and/or teaching excellence.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Directs daily activities of assigned area to include: evaluation projects for faculty excellence, educational technologies and services. May manage projects directly or assign to staff.
* Provides planning, implementation and oversight for assigned area(s) which may include: instructional consulting, training, course (re)design, teaching resources, SACSCOC outcomes, learning assessment or others.
* Participates in long-range and short-term planning. Provides input for salary, wages, operational budget and equipment needs. May develop budget.
* Oversees the ongoing development and improvement of assigned area.
* Partners with university stakeholders to evaluate and implement innovative approaches to content development and provisioning online learning opportunities, means and methods, and specific applications.
* Develops and maintains effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders to accomplish unit goals.
* Hires, trains, supervises, and mentors instructional design consultants and part time staff.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
Master's degree in instructional technology or related field, and four years professional level experience in instructional development or technology; additional education may be substituted for experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* General understanding of management, organizational, and budgetary principles applicable to the University environment.
* Thorough and current knowledge of the instructional technology field.
* Ability to supervise, motivate and direct the work of others.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
* Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed and work supervised.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting