Strategic Decision Support Analyst
Job no: 493989
Position Type: Staff Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Strategic Analysis&Data Mgmt
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience and grade/range
Applications Open: Jan 26 2018
Applications Close: Open until filled
General Summary of Position:
The Strategic Decision Support Analyst will support and advance the University's strategic goals by communicating analytical results to support decision-making for the Executive Director of OSA&DM, as well as other campus leaders. S/he will have a thorough understanding and appreciation of statistical and analytical processes, and will communicate the concepts and results of those processes crisply and professionally in a variety of formats. The incumbent will track the University's strategic planning and performance indicators, including those comprising the University's Report Card, and will provide strategic analysis of them. In addition, s/he will conduct market research and other types of predictive analyses as needed to inform strategic and tactical needs. S/he will monitor the University's profile and performance in various rankings schema. As a member of the OSA&DM team, the incumbent will conduct institutional analyses, and will be responsible for synthesizing and communicating the results of analyses completed by his/her fellow OSA&DM team members to the larger University community.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Master's degree in the social sciences, or related field
- Minimum 10 years of progressive responsibility and professional experience in consulting or related industry
- Experience in higher education a plus
- Excellent oral and written communications experience, esp. interpreting statistical analyses, distilling meaning, and then synthesizing and applying that to the question at hand
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex ideas to lay audiences
- Experience in a data analyst/reporting role
- Demonstrated experience with Tableau data visualization software as well as other software tools appropriate for presentation and communication purposes
- Experience with spreadsheet and word processing software
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn new technological tools as they develop
- Demonstrated record of successful collaboration with partners across the organization
- Extremely high attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse groups
- Strong commitment to customer service
- Ability to work independently, prioritize a high volume of work under tight deadlines, and handle highly sensitive/confidential information
- Excellent interpersonal, organization and time management skills, including judgment and accuracy
- Creative approach to problem-solving leading to out-of-the-box solutions
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume, cover letter and writing samples with your application. **Writing Samples: Please include a minimum of two professional writing samples that illustrate expertise in interpreting complex statistical analyses; and in communicating the results of such analyses for use in decision-making.
Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.