Gateway Program Coordinator
Title of Position: Gateway Program Coordinator
Reports to Supervisor: Dean of Faculty/Director of Admissions
Holy Cross College’s Mission: The Mission of Holy Cross College is to educate and form global citizens with the competence to see and the courage to act. Holy Cross is a Catholic college that advances the apostolic mission of the Brothers of Holy Cross. Our practical, experiential, liberal arts curriculum applies timeless truths to contemporary life and leads people to wholeness in the image of Christ.
Our hiring practices reflect this missional commitment to being a Christ-centered institution.
Typical Schedule: This is a full-time administrative faculty position.
Purpose: The Gateway Program Coordinator is responsible for working with Gateway students as a support for their year as Holy Cross students, as well as their transition to being Notre Dame students. In this support role, the Gateway Program Coordinator will work as an academic advisor in the selection of courses and as a member of the student life team to facilitate the students’ overall experience. Additionally, the Coordinator will be a resource and navigator for Gateway families, also helping to cultivate and steward the College’s relationship with these families.
Essential Job Duties:
- All administrators, faculty and staff are called to assist students in their formation to be Christ-like students and thus must embrace and advance the Holy Cross mission of the College in all professional activities.
- Meet with Gateway students to provide guidance on academic-related issues such as course planning and registration, as well as the coordination of Holy Cross coursework with Notre Dame courses and requirements.
- Review student academic progress by evaluating student needs and developing appropriate educational plans.
- Meet with students, individually and collectively, to navigate their unique student life experience as Holy Cross College students on their way to the University of Notre Dame.
- Work collaboratively with staff and faculty both at Holy Cross and Notre Dame in the areas of academics and student life.
- Collaborate with departments to develop and implement the Gateway days for the summer orientation program called Saints Orientation, Advising, and Registration (SOAR).
- Participate as a staff member in the Department of Academic Advising as well as the Department of Student Life.
- Serve as a liaison with the Holy Cross development team to help the cultivation of relationships with Gateway families.
- Embrace and advance the Catholic, Holy Cross mission of the college by ensuring that all professional activities are consistent with that mission.
Minimum Education, Skills, and Ability:
- Master’s degree in Higher Education, College Student Personnel, or related area.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- A clear skillset for working on collaborative teams in academic affairs and student life.
- A clear skillset for building strong relationships between Holy Cross and Notre Dame.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills and physical demands required of personnel so classified. Employment at Holy Cross College is ‘at will,’ meaning that either the College or the employee can end the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice. Holy Cross College is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on qualifications and are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, disability, or any other legally protected status. Interested candidates should submit résumé, cover letter, and three references (names and contact information) via email to: Human Resources [email protected]. Position open until filled.