Human Resources Generalist
Middle Georgia State University is seeking candidates for the position of Human Resources Generalist. This position serves as the primary Human Resources representative for the Cochran, Eastman and Dublin campuses assisting employees and retirees with questions and requests. In addition, it handles and provides support for various HR employee programs within the entire institution resulting in periodic travel to all campuses.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Completing the hiring process for new faculty and staff.
- Processing background checks.
- Conducting orientation for new employees.
- Ensuring compliance with USCIS Form I-9 and E-Verify requirements.
The following responsibilities relate to the employee programs that span the entire institution:
- Acting as a resource to all employees related to the benefit and retirement plans by providing information and answering questions for new and current employees concerning employee coverage and plan benefits.
- Serving as the primary person responsible for maintaining all appropriate employee information in OneUSG Connect HCM system to ensure accurate pay and benefits for all employees.
- Serving as the primary person to provide requested reports and data from OneUSG Connect.
- Monitoring various daily reports from Shared Services Center (SSC) for benefits enrollment status, critical errors, pending events approval, Evidence of Insurability and other warnings; making corrections as required that may include submitting tickets to the SSC when assistance is required.
- Coordinating the paperwork and communication required when there is a transfer of one employee to/from another USG institution.
- Being familiar with the process and services provided by the third party administrator for USG benefits.
- Coordinating all the paperwork associated with ADA accommodation requests.
- Processing all employee separations including Vacation Payout calculations and notification to TRS of sick leave credit.
- Maintaining compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Administering the Shared Sick Leave pool.
- Conducting employment verification of a retiree prior to the retiree returning to work in a part-time status.
- Assisting employees with the paperwork related to their upcoming retirement.
- Assisting the beneficiaries of deceased employees and retirees with an insurance claim.
- Reporting, maintaining and monitoring all workers’ compensation claims with the Department of Administrative Services.
- Maintaining and processing all claims for unemployment in a timely manner. Participating in unemployment hearings when necessary.
- Maintaining employee records.
- Coordinating annual Open Enrollment process.
- Coordinating Benefits Fair in conjunction with USG representatives.
- Coordinating annual reception for retirees.
- Administering the Tuition Assistance Plan (TAP) that includes reviewing, approving and processing applications.
- Serving as back-up for Human Resources Generalist position primarily serving the Macon and Warner Robins campuses.
- Handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field. This education requirement may be waived with an equivalent combination of education and experience. Sufficient experience to thoroughly understand the principles related to the major duties of the position, usually associated with having had a similar position for at least two years. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Experience with a robust Human Resources/Payroll HCM system. PeopleSoft experience is highly desirable.
- Experience administering the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
- Experience administering the American with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Administration of employee benefit plans.
- Knowledge of the recruitment process.
- Ability to generate needed reports from PeopleSoft system.
- Experience with Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Knowledge of Federal/State/Local employment laws.
- Familiarity with the processing of worker’s compensation claims.
- Familiarity with the processing of unemployment claims.
- Knowledge of personnel file maintenance.
- SHRM-CP or PHR certification is a plus.
SALARY: Pay Grade 17
APPLICATION DEADLINE: The position will remain posted until filled. For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Wednesday, April 11, 2018.
TO APPLY: Application materials should be emailed as a Microsoft Word or Adobe.pdf attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Human Resources Generalist”. Application materials are to include a resume, an MGA Staff application; a letter of interest which includes salary requirements; and three professional references. Paper application materials will not be accepted.
A Unit of the University System of Georgia