Career-Technical Education (CTE) Student Outreach Specialist (PT)
Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Career-Technical Education (CTE) Student Outreach Specialist (PT) position. Reporting to the Director of Admissions and Enrollment Management, in consultation with the Associate Vice President for Academic and Student Success, the Career-Technical Education (CTE) Student Outreach Specialist provides assistance to the Admissions and Enrollment Management departments by representing the College at local, off-campus outreach events specifically for students taking part in career-technical programs at local high schools. The CTE Specialist supports the enrollment goals of the College by attending events targeted to diverse groups of potential students and their families, and providing information about earning credit for high school career-technical programs of study and referring prospective students to appropriate resources. The Specialist will work closely with the Manager of Student Outreach and Recruitment and the Admissions Recruiters regarding high school visits to establish relationships and coordinate efforts, whenever possible. This position will also assist current College students who may be eligible to transfer in credit from high school programs of study for Col lege credit.
This is a part-time, temporary grant-funded position. Hours will vary depending on the time of the year, from approximately 15 to 20 hours/week (maximum number of hours not to exceed 24 hours per week).
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree required. Any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• At least one (1) year of related work experience within higher education required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of college admission and enrollment processes required.
• Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required.
• Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills required.
• Understanding of issues related to transferring credit from high school programs for college credit required.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver effective presentations to a diverse audience required.
• Demonstrated ability to deal with issues and concerns in a positive, confidential and constructive manner required.
• Understanding of student support services (e.g., admissions, enrollment) and student service issues required.
• Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint required.
• Ability to maintain a flexible schedule and work accurately in a fast paced, multi-tasked, deadline oriented environment required.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work/travel independently and establish priorities to achieve required goals and objectives required.
• Ability to carry or pull event materials – up to 45 pounds – is required.
• Ability to collaborate well with others required.
• Access to reliable transportation is required.
• Ability to work evenings and/or weekends is required.
• An understanding of, and sensitivity to, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college staff and students required.