Dominican University of California is seeking an individual for a Maintenance Technician position. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, this individual is responsible for maintaining a safe, accessible and habitable environment for all students, faculty, staff and visitors to the campus. A successful candidate is knowledgeable and experienced in the trades to conduct general building maintenance and repairs, and will be able to carry out responsibilities in accordance with University policies.
- Performs preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repair in all aspects of building maintenance
- Performs in a variety of skill areas including: electrical, plumbing, painting, carpentry, and HVAC
- Will use a variety of hand and power tools, as well as shop equipment
- Will perform tasks on extension and step ladders
- Must have basic electrical and plumbing skills and knowledge for ensuring the safety and security for all university building utilities
- Safe driving and operation of vehicles, van, truck and tractor as needed
- May be called to campus at times for emergency situations
- Other miscellaneous duties may be assigned
- High school diploma or general education diploma (GED), speaking and reading the English language are required
- Current driver's license and satisfactory driving record required and must be maintained
- Continuously demonstrate professional behavior, including good attitude, sound judgment, communication and teamwork
- Must have 2-3 years’ experience using hand and power tools and experience with shop equipment.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Understands, and operates cautiously and safely when working and handling biohazards
- Must be able to work in a variety of physical environments and conditions
Additional Position Information
- Applications will be considered until the position is filled
- Must be willing to consent to a background check and motor vehicle report record
Dominican University of California is an independent, international, learner-centered university, offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. Dominican has a 1:10 teacher-to-student ratio, an average class size of 16, with a small-town feeling in a park- like campus. We blend interdisciplinary core courses, real-world studies, and small classes with close and supportive academic advising and mentoring.
- Link to apply: https://dominican.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/careers
- A cover letter is required.
- Compile resume/CV and cover letter in one pdf document and upload in the Resume/CV section
- For further questions on the application process, please contact email@example.com
Dominican University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural environment. We are committed in thought, word, and deed to recruiting and retaining a workforce that values the diversity of its student body. The University actively promotes an institutional culture that practices equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of all under-represented groups in higher education.