EHS Compliance Supervisor
Founded in 1969, Stockton University, New Jersey’s Distinctive Public University, is also one of America’s most distinctive public universities, consistently ranking among the nation’s finest educational institutions and among the top ten public Master’s institutions in the Northeast. Stockton proudly offers the academic, technological, and cultural advantages of a large institution combined with the community spirit of a small liberal arts college. Stockton is noted for combining an outstanding interdisciplinary approach to graduate and undergraduate education with all the qualities of an outstanding employer. We offer a unique vibrant working environment, a wealth of work related opportunities and outstanding employee benefits. Stockton is committed to attracting, encouraging and retaining a qualified workforce to support the mission of the University. The University is located in the Pinelands National Reserve in southern New Jersey, about one hour from Philadelphia, two hours from New York City, three hours from the Baltimore/Washington area, and 20 minutes from Atlantic City. The University’s location, active, stimulating campus life and diverse community make Stockton University a great place to work!
The development, expansion and maintenance of all university environmental, occupational safety and fire safety programs in conjunction with the Manager of E/H/S in the Office of Risk Management & E/H/S. Supervisor is also responsible for developing knowledge of and assuring compliance for applicable federal, state local regulations and codes. Must have excellent computer, verbal and written communication skills, expert time management skills, the ability to work effectively under pressure and the ability to detect and solve problems effectively.
- Responsible for daily compliance with the University’s Safe Drinking Water program. Tasks range from sample scheduling with a third party analytical lab to communicating to the NJDEP Bureau of Safe Drinking Water, NJDEP Bureau of Water Systems Engineering and third party Treatment Plant Operator.
- Management of the University’s Water Allocation Permit issued by the NJDEP Division of Water Supply and Geoscience including data gathering and report submission.
- Monitoring and maintenance of the University’s Public Complex Stormwater General Permit and Storm water Pollution Prevention Plan.
- Conduct Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) sampling and inspections utilizing instrumentation to evaluate for mold, CO levels and other defined indicators.
- Monitor and coordinate the collection and forwarding of data to consultant for Title V Operating Air Permit for reporting purposes.
- Monitor and coordinate the collection of information on refrigerant gases to remain compliant with federal Stratospheric Ozone Protection regulations.
- Conduct routine safety and environmental training and medical monitoring for personnel.
- Must complete RCRA hazardous waste and DOT training and maintain training certifications.
- Must complete AHERA Building Inspector training and maintain training certification. Conduct semi-annual ACM surveillance inspections.
- Supervise part-time Regulatory Compliance Specialist and provide overview of RTK training and reporting.
- Coordinate with all parties to ensure compliance with the NJ division of Fire Safety “DFS” program requirements which include inspections, corrective action recommendations, recordkeeping and reporting. Applicant will be required to understand applicable International Fire Code, NJ Edition requirements within the first year of employment.
- This is a hands-on active position involving approximately 50% of fieldwork.
- Demonstrate, through past accomplishments and actions, the ability to support Stockton University’s diversity commitment and strong student-centered vision and mission.
- Bachelor’s degree in the fields of Chemistry, Biology, Environmental Health or Environmental Science.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in either discipline.
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply please visit: https://stockton.hiretouch.com. Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the on-line application in addition to providing the following required documents. All required documents must be submitted in order for your application to move forward. You may upload documents using; Word or PDF.
- A letter of interest describing specific skills and experiences
- A current resume
- A list of three professional references (included in the application): Name, Organization, Email address and Telephone
- All offers of employment are contingent upon a favorable background check.
- Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact: Sharon Hunt, Recruitment Manager at 609-652-4384.
- In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public employees in certain positions are required to obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment. Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
- Prospective employees may access the Annual Security Report for the University at www.stockton.edu/campuspolice or contact the Campus Police department at 609-652-4378 to request a hard copy of the report.
- Stockton University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants, visit; http://www.stockton.edu/affirmative_action. Additionally, pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Stockton University prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.