Associate Director – Multimedia Marketing and Communications
Associate Director – Multimedia Marketing and Communications
The Office of Communications, Marketing and Public Affairs (OCMPA) handles media relations, marketing and advertising, publications, government and community affairs, and web content for Baruch College. The office is also responsible for Baruch’s brand identity, internal and external communications, and the marketing initiatives of Baruch’s three schools (aka: clients): The Zicklin School of Business, the Weissman School of Arts and Sciences, and the Marxe School of Public and International Affairs. OCMPA also collaborates with the Offices of College Advancement and Alumni Relations surrounding fundraising and alumni events as well as alumni publications.
Driven by high standards in a deadline-aware environment, the Associate Director, Multimedia Marketing and Communications will be a visionary strategist, strong project manager, and expert writer/editor across traditional, web, and multimedia platforms. The preferred candidate will have a data-driven understanding of SEO and UX, and experience in scripting and advising on video and multimedia projects. The Associate Director will serve as the strategic and editorial lead for college-wide communications across traditional and digital platforms. The position reports to the Director of Communications and manages staff. The Associate Director will also collaborate with the larger department, including designers, project and multimedia managers, directors of public relations and government affairs, the executive director, and OCMPA’s vice president.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Develop and manage a cross-functional digital communications strategy and team, and plan and supervise tactical efforts using traditional and digital tools and techniques.
- Lead institutional content marketing efforts, working closely with departmental colleagues in public relations and marketing to align strategies and messaging in branded content creation and distribution.
- Conceptualize and manage the creation of strategic print and digital marketing materials, from brainstorming with the client, through design and editorial review, to print and/or digital distribution.
- Synthesize story threads (faculty, staff, and student achievements as well as faculty research, innovative academic programs, and institutional milestones) across the college to develop trend and enterprise pieces.
- Supervise social media channels and manage the assistant manager for social media. Plan a strategic content calendar, ensure that content is developed according to high institutional standards, and collaborate with colleagues college-wide to disseminate and cross-promote content across relevant channels.
- Advise clients in Baruch’s three schools and administrative units on web content curation, navigation, messaging, and SEO. Edit web content for clarity, SEO, and institutional standards.
- Establish and execute regular outcomes reports for digital, social, and multimedia campaigns, recommending adjustments to future efforts based on past performance.
- Manage the College’s weekly internal e-newsletter and produce outcomes reports for same using digital analytic tools. Draft video scripts, serve as interviewer during video shoots, and advise on content flow in video production.
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field and six years of related work experience required.
- Expertise in marketing, advertising, and strategic communications, particularly as they relate to enrollment and business development activities.
- Strong project-management skills and experience, including web management.
- Collaborative, customer-service orientation and experience managing clients’ needs, such as in an agency or in-house agency structure.
- Impeccable writing and editing skills; professional writer’s voice.
- Understanding of the visual aesthetics and the conventions of graphic design, as well as the steps and processes in digital and print production.
- Proficient in digital marketing, with an ability to use search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), and social media management for content-marketing efforts.
- Understanding of digital advertising campaigns using programmatic, display, Google AdWords and key words, video, and social. Experience collecting, analyzing, interpreting, and adjusting to digital and social media metrics.
- Background in internal communications including newsletters, special announcements, and emergency communications.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and experience with turnkey formatting tools in a digital platform, such as Mailchimp.
- Experience working with enterprise-level websites and their content-management systems, and familiarity with best practices in information architecture and user experience.
- Detail oriented, with the ability to work independently or collaboratively, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
- Experience managing staff, vendors, freelancers, or interns.
How to Apply:
Go to the CUNY website http://www.cuny.edu/employment.html to see the complete position description and job requirements in CUNYfirst under Job Opening ID #18545. You can view and apply for this job in CUNYfirst via the following direct link to the posting
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
April 17, 2018
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.