Hofstra University is a nationally ranked and recognized private university in Hempstead, N.Y. that is the only school to ever host three consecutive presidential debates (2008, 2012 and 2016). At Hofstra, students get the best of both worlds. Our campus is a leafy oasis just a quick train ride away from New York City and all its cultural, recreational and professional opportunities. We offer small classes and personal attention, with the resources, technology and facilities of a large university. Students can choose from more than 160 undergraduate program options and 165 graduate program options in the liberal arts and sciences, education, health professions and human services, the Peter S. Kalikow School of Government, Public Policy and International Affairs, the Fred DeMatteis School of Engineering and Applied Science, the Frank G. Zarb School of Business, the Lawrence Herbert School of Communication, the Maurice A. Deane School of Law, the Hofstra Northwell School of Graduate Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies, and the Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell. Hofstra University is a dynamic community of more than 11,000 students from around the world who are dedicated to civic engagement, academic excellence and becoming leaders in their communities and their careers.
The Grants Accountant will assist the Grants Department in all aspects of administration of externally-funded sponsored research awards from a financial perspective, including pre and post award activities.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Review proposed budgets, monitor awards for compliance with sponsor terms and conditions and adherence to government and University fiscal policies and procedures.
• Prepare various journal entries related to indirect costs, salary, and fringe benefit allocations, and adjustments as necessary.
• Maintain grants inventory report, grants receivable report, cost sharing and other status reports.
• Participate in fiscal year- end audit of grants and single audit report.
• Prepare and submit timely sponsor invoices, financial reports and close out reports to various local, state and federal agencies.
• Review expenditures for allowability, allocability and reasonableness as well as compliance with grant restrictions, uniform guidance and University policies.
• Distribute financial reports to principal investigators; identify, communicate and correct discrepancies in a timely manner.
• Perform monthly analysis of trial balance and general ledger to resolve budget, expenditure, billing, grants receivable and close out issues on awards.
• Review grant related contracts for compliance with federal, sponsor and University guidelines.
• Prepare award budgets, fund set up requests, budget modifications and monthly drawdowns.
• Prepare periodic ad hoc financial reports for principal investigators, survey requests and senior management.
• Assist in identifying and implementing grants management improvements to enhance departmental and reporting efficiencies
• Perform other related duties as required to accomplish the objectives of the Department.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or related field required. Extensive experience in post award Grants Administration/Sponsored Programs. Strong knowledge of Office of Management and Budget - Uniform Guidance. Proficiency in Excel, ability to work independently and prioritize tasks. Strong attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
Knowledge of Banner Ellucian financial systems and Crystal Reports. Experience in Higher Education Grants Administration.
For consideration, please email or send a cover letter and resume, including salary history to:
Office of the Vice President for Financial Affairs
Hempstead, New York 11549-1280
Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty administrative staff and student body, and encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.