University of San Francisco
The USF School of Education is seeking an experienced, energetic web manager to maintain the School's website, www.usfca.edu/education. We are looking for a candidate who can build and maintain a user-friendly and feature-rich interface and applications. We are seeking the right individual who can provide hands-on skills and is ready to act as an exemplary conduit for information exchange among internal and external constituencies. This individual will report to the Director of Admission, Communications and Outreach and will collaborate with a diverse set of colleagues throughout the School including deans, faculty, administrators, staff, students, and the University, as well as external constituencies.
• Work across the School of Education to create, edit, and acquire content for various pages and sites in alignment with the school’s strategic goals and in support of the University’s brand and style. Recommend, build, post, and update content for our online presence - primarily for web or web related content, the CRM and CMS.
• Assist with email communication creation, strategy and analysis.
• Monitor web analytics and provide reports to leadership on a regular basis.
• Monitor and post content of digital newsletter
• Maintain prospective student registration and related forms on the web and CRM.
• Manage and provide analysis on the school’s Search Engine Optimization and search marketing strategies (SEO and SEM)
• Contribute to the planning of the division’s communication strategies, and implement the online plan, ensuring regular updates to existing content and the creation of new content or channels that demonstrate the value of attending the school.
• Edit and fact-check online content for accuracy, functionality, clarity, consistency and impact.
• Provide technical assistance to internal school constituents and work as liaison with university departments.
• Collaborate with other web managers and university offices to evaluate and implement initiatives that will provide continuous improvement to website functionality.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in digital media, marketing, communications, design, computer science, information sciences, web development, or related academic area preferred
• 3-5 years of relevant web technology work experience
• 3-5 years of experience assisting functional users
• Possess critical thinking, analytical, and creative talent to develop a concept, idea, or content into a strong visual presentation that maximizes marketing effectiveness
• Excellent written and verbal communication, including strong editing, grammar, and proof reading skills
• Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, with some project management experience
• Experience working cross-functionally within a team
• Strong customer service orientation
• Passion for building awesome user experiences and polished interfaces that engage users
• Experience making good design decisions and the ability to build consensus around great ideas
• Ability to work independently, diagnose issues, and find solutions with great attention to detail
• Experience with content management systems, Drupal experience preferred
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite CS5
• Knowledge of Google Analytics and AdWords preferred
• Understanding of and commitment to USF’s Vision, Mission and Values
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
For information on how to apply, please visit the following link: www.usfjobs.com
The University of San Francisco is an equal opportunity institution of higher education. As a matter of policy, the University does not discriminate in employment, educational services and academic programs on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age (except minors), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related and genetic-related) and disability, and the other bases prohibited by law. The University reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities under the law.