Visiting Media Communications Specialist - Customer Relations and Communications, Facilities and Se
VISITING MEDIA COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST
Facilities and Services Customer Relations & Communications Department
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Customer Relations & Communications department of Facilities and Services (F&S) at the University of Illinois at Urbana- Champaign is accepting applications for the position of Visiting Media Communications Specialist. The position is a full-time, visiting Academic Professional appointment and will be responsible for creating, writing, editing, and producing F&S multimedia content for organizational and campus distribution methods and platforms.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the Mission, Vision, Values and Guiding Principles of F&S.
- Work closely with the Manager of Communications and External Relations and Associate Director of Customer Relations and Communications to develop original content as part of F&S strategic communications.
- Conceptualize, write, edit, and produce stories and materials for print and digital newsletters, website, social media, video, and associated communications.
- Tell the organizational story and enhance the unit's reputation and image by creating and adapting materials for traditional and new media.
- Foster opportunities for media and academic/administrative unit coverage through proactive methods.
- Assist with answering media inquiries and informational requests from campus units.
- Support and document F&S activities that achieve university strategic goals and facilitate engagement with the campus community.
- Contribute to and participate in the creative process as an innovative and enthusiastic member of the F&S communications team.
- Assist with planning and management of F&S customer and staff events and forums.
- Perform other duties or projects as assigned.
Applicants for the Visiting Media Communications Specialist position shall have a bachelor's degree; experience in producing informational content for various platforms and audiences; general knowledge of communications strategies, approaches, and production and delivery methods; ability to write, clear, concise, and impactful copy while working as part of a team environment; excellent oral, written, research, and interpersonal communication skills; and the ability to work prioritize work and meet project deadlines in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, marketing, advertising, public relations, graphic design, or a related field preferred. A minimum of two years of experience is preferred in communications, journalism, marketing, advertising, public relations, graphic design, or a related field although work in an alternative field will also be strongly considered depending on the experience as it relates to this position. Familiarity with graphic design software and a basic understanding of creating images for print and digital media along with copy editing background is a plus. Understanding of content management systems is preferred as well as social media account management and strategy development.
Application Procedures: To ensure full consideration, please create your candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume, a copy of your undergraduate college transcripts, and the names/contact information for three professional references by April 24, 2018. Applicants may be interviewed before April 24, 2018, however no hiring decision will be made until after that date. The start date is as soon as possible after the close of the search. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Nicole McCurry at [email protected].
This is a full-time, benefits-eligible, visiting Academic Professional position. This position may become non-visiting at a later time. Salary is commensurate with demonstrated ability and experience.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Facilities and Services
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Visiting Media Communications Specialist - Customer Relations and Communications, Facilities and Services (A1800197)
Open Date: 03/27/2018
Close Date: 04/24/2018
Organization Name: FandS Administration