Coordinator or Assistant Director, Business Graduate Programs - Business Career Services (A1800193)
COORDINATOR/ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, Business Graduate Programs
Business Career Services -- Gies College of Business
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Coordinator/Assistant Director role will serve as a key point of contact for the diverse population of students within Business Graduate Programs by providing career planning development services and assist in career searches domestically and internationally.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
•One-on-one advising Business Graduate Programs students on their career development and job search strategies both domestically and internationally. This includes understanding each student's career aspirations and assisting each student to develop and continually refine a job search strategy/marketing plan for full-time employment; actively monitoring each student's progress against career goals; and guiding, assisting and holding students accountable in the achievement of those goals.
• Work within Business Graduate Programs team to create and deliver career workshops/seminars for Business Graduate students, and take part in special events such as career fairs, and professional development events, including activities and events associated with college Alumni.
•Partner with Corporate Engagement to identify potential career opportunities domestically and globally, as well as with academic programs to give suggestions on admission and program setting.
• Work with the corporate engagement team to support company recruiting opportunities and direct students to these opportunities.
• Support student preparation for job search by critiquing student resumes and conducting mock interviews/critiques.
• Develop effective educational programs and tools for domestic and international career searches.
• Support the career fairs by providing support to companies and students attending.
• Research key industry trends and opportunities affecting hiring and provide information to students.
• Maintain updated records of meetings with students, students' career advancement activities and eventual employment activities.
• Gather, track and ensure that students complete employment surveys and full-time employment data is captured within MBACSEA Reporting Standards
• Use Career Services daily work platforms such as Handshake, Asana, Salesforce, Box, Orgysnc, and LinkedIn to maintain accurate management of events, contacts, and project
• All other duties and special projects as assigned.
• Work flexible hours
Additional Duties and Responsibilities at the Assistant Director Level
• Collaborate with the Executive in Residence Program to identify opportunities for students to engage with international professionals
• Assist team members with the training of graduate hourly staff and identification of additional semester projects for the GH staff.
• Oversee the creation and maintenance of Drop In hours for Business Graduate students
• Serve on Career Services Council international student committees
• Serve as office expert on domestic and international employment of non-Us work authorized students.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Required: Bachelor's degree
Preferred: Master's degree
COORDINATOR: One to three years of relevant professional work experience in recruiting, sales, consulting, higher education, student services, career advising or other related fields
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR: Minimum of three years of relevant professional work experience in recruiting, sales, consulting, higher education, student services, career advising or other related fields
•Knowledge of international career search processes and strategies, particularly in China and Asia are critical.
•Ability to speak Mandarin and knowledge of Asian culture are both highly preferred
•Must possess superior communication and presentation skills and the ability to foster positive relations with multiple, diverse constituencies.
•Have a student-centered philosophy and the ability to work with a diverse student population.
•Strong customer focus (ability to listen attentively to students and recruiters and to understand and respond positively to their requests) required.
•Excellent resume, interviewing and job search skills required.
•Highly proficient with web-based resources, spreadsheet and presentation software required (MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel) and social media (Linkedln, Facebook, etc.).
•Strong understanding of accounting, finance, technology, and management careers along with in-depth understanding of the employment market and corporate hiring practices/process for students
•Ability to work under pressure, with the flexibly to respond to changing priorities and fluctuating workloads.
•Strong organizational work skills, defining tasks, prioritizing assignments, and following through on all projects independently.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
This is a full-time (100%), 12-month academic professional position that reports to the Senior Associate Director, Business Career Services. The position is available as soon as possible after the closing date.
For full consideration, all applicants must create a candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references by April 17, 2018. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. All requested information must be submitted for your application to be considered. For further information regarding application procedures, email [email protected].
The University of Illinois Gies College of Business conducts criminal background checks and will request academic transcripts from all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Business
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Coordinator or Assistant Director, Business Graduate Programs - Business Career Services (A1800193)
Open Date: 03/27/2018
Close Date: 04/17/2018
Organization Name: Gies Business Career Services