STUDENT SV PR MGR II
Job ID 14179
Location UW Eau Claire
Full/Part Time Full-Time
Unit of: Recreation and Sport Facilities
Working Title: McPhee Strength & Performance Center Coordinator / Strength and Conditioning Coach
POSITION: A full-time, professional academic staff position is available in Recreation and Sport Facilities beginning August 1, 2018. The working title for this assignment is McPhee Strength & Performance Center Coordinator / Strength and Conditioning Coach. This is a renewable assignment, contingent on performance. The salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A bachelor’s degree in exercise science or a related field from a regionally accredited institution is required. As well as 3 years of professional experience in strength & condition or related field, a current CSCS, first aid and CPR certification. Also required are excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure; ability to create and maintain a program budget.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: A master’s degree in exercise science or related field, additional certifications in one or more of the following: SCCC, USAW, experience working in higher education, experience supervising or advising students and a demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusiveness.
- Manage all operational aspects of the MSPC
- Coordinate strength and conditioning programs for varsity athletic teams, recreation sport clubs and the general student population.
- Coordinate internship positions with the Kinesiology department for students seeking professional development in strength and conditioning.
- Work with athletic coaches and staff with the development and implementation of comprehensive in-season and off-season strength and conditioning programs to improve athletic performance for 22 university-sponsored programs. It is essential to be in compliance with all NCAA guidelines, rules, and regulations.
- Recruit, hire, train, schedule, supervise, and evaluate student employees.
- Develop a mentoring program for student managers to become a leader within the organization and assist with personnel management.
- Implement all aspects of equipment management including a preventative maintenance and cleaning schedule, efficient ordering and replacement of parts for broken equipment and the surplus of equipment rotating out of the facility.
- Work with the Director of University Recreation & Sport Facilities to set fees for the numerous users of the MSPC (membership dues, Kinesiology fees, camp rental fees, etc.).
- Manage the MSPCs membership-driven, self-contained budget including a rotational replacement of capital expense items.
- Attend all University Recreation staff meetings, retreats, special events and trainings.
- Communicate extensively with McPhee Facility Coordinator and Fitness Coordinator on facility hours, collaborative programming and facility user crossover.
- Act as the on-call contact who must respond to immediate MSPC needs such as an absent employee or a facility issue that requires immediate attention anytime the facility is open.
- Train student staff and student managers on the use and functions of Fusion.
- This is a FTE position. Other duties and responsibilities as needed by the University Recreation and Sport Facilities department apply.
THE UNIT: The unit of Recreation and Sport Facilities consists of 15 staff members. https://www.uwec.edu/recreation
UNIVERSITY and EAU CLAIRE COMMUNITY: UW-Eau Claire, an institution of approximately 11,500 students and 1,400 faculty and staff, is consistently recognized as a top comprehensive university in the Midwest and is widely known as a leader in faculty-undergraduate research and study abroad. We strive for excellence in liberal education and select graduate and professional programs through commitment to teaching and learning and dedication to our core values of diversity, sustainability, leadership, and innovation.
The City of Eau Claire, situated at the confluence of the Chippewa and Eau Claire rivers, is at the center of a metropolitan area of approximately 100,000 people located 90 miles east of Minneapolis/St. Paul. The area features beautiful parks and trails, strong public schools, a vibrant arts scene and local food culture, and abundant recreational opportunities.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applications are submitted electronically. Please follow instructions found on the following UW-Eau Claire Web site: http://www.uwec.edu/Employment/uweccareers.htm. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to the job ID # 14179and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed. Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
- Letter of application
- Curriculum vita
- Unofficial transcript
- Names and contact information for three references.
Please direct requests for additional information to: