HR Specialist, Policy, Risk Management and Compliance
Working Title: HR Specialist, Policy, Risk Management and Compliance
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Chief Human Resources Office
Posting Date: 03-27-2018
University of Virginia Human Resources seeks a HR Specialist, Policy, Risk Management and Compliance. The HR Specialist is responsible for assisting with HR policy creation, modification, interpretation, and application, as well as identifying and mitigating people risks and ensuring HR complies with regulatory requirements.
Duties include but are not limited to-
-Partner with internal and external legal counsel to ensure policies and procedures are compliant
-Support the HR Manager, Business Operations in responding to claims for EEOC, Code of Conduct, discrimination, harassment and other legal/policy issues
-Drive compliance with University policies, federal, state and local laws, and complete disclosures and required reporting timely and accurately
-Provide policy interpretation and perspectives and make referrals to relevant University and HR contacts
-Identify risks associated with current and proposed changes to system infrastructure and HR processes/policies for all impacted stakeholders
-Periodically assess HR risk, identify control gaps and identify opportunities to improve consistency of risk management across the HR organization
-Integrate with University risk management teams and initiatives to represent HR risk considerations and deliver added value
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience. Experience as a paraprofessional (legal and/or audit) and/or experience working with HR policies, regulations, and statutes is preferred.
Interested applicants should go to jobs.virginia.edu and search for posting #0622935. Complete a staff application and upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references.
This is a critical moment in the University's Human Resources evolution. The University has embarked on a series of ambitious changes for Human Resources that will play out over the next few years and have impact in the coming decade. To learn more about this transformation as well as the competencies expected to all future HR professionals, please visit https://ufirst.virginia.edu/.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Team with colleagues to avoid delay in key activities, while ensuring compliance is a priority
- Comply with all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending, affecting compliance, compensation, and business operations
- Apply principles, methods, and techniques pertinent to the IMPACT function, including project management, governance and risk management, HR analytics and technology, compensation, and finance
- Work with HR systems and controls
- Use strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Apply innovative problem solving and analytical skills to thoughtfully and tactfully navigate barriers to progress
- Lead and manage complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Conduct research related to statute, regulation, policy and write persuasively (e.g., having authored position papers)
- Demonstrate communication skills and ability to work in a team environment that requires quick turnaround and quality output
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=84194