National Center for Media Forensics (NCMF) IT Professional
University of Colorado Denver
College of Arts and Media
National Center for Media Forensics (NCMF) IT Professional
Position #625904 - Requisition 13057
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The College of Arts and Media has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) National Center for Media Forensics (NCMF) IT Professional position.
As Colorado's only public urban research university, the University of Colorado Denver educates a diverse student body through quality academics, ambitious research and creative work, and civic engagement in the city we call home. CU Denver educates more than 15,000 undergraduate and graduate students, and with easy access to the state's cultural, business and civic hub, our students benefit from immersive classroom and real-world experiences, supplemented by unparalleled internship and networking opportunities. As the most diverse research university in Colorado, our campus attracts top students and offers over more than 100 highly rated degree programs through eight schools and colleges, as well as more than 30 online degree programs. Home to over 40 research centers and institutes, CU Denver receives more than $25 million in sponsored research awards annually, allowing us to generate knowledge and create solutions to society's most complex problems. Read CU Denver Quick Facts here.
This position will further National Center for Media Forensics (NCMF) goals by supporting new and existing research programs including a project with the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA,) engaging students in the Masters of Science in Recording Arts emphasis in Media Forensics program, and maintaining existing technology infrastructure while leading new technology initiatives.
The primary skills for this position include: to develop, maintain, and support computer systems, software, and networks; the ability to carry out multimedia forensics research tasks both independently and under direction; to identify and assist in pursuing new grant and contract opportunities; and assist in the delivery of curricular content developed at the NCMF.
Because this is an intermediate level position, the successful candidate will be responsible for exercising discretion, providing analytical skill, possess personal accountability, and assume responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial, and student services functions. A broader view of this workload will involve creating, integrating, applying, and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field.
*The anticipated end date for this position is May 18, 2020 due to the funding term of the sponsored project portion of this position. Ongoing funding for this position up to and past May 18, 2020 is contingent on additional funds being available and is not guaranteed.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Maintenance of classroom and lab computers and related hardware and software.
- Maintenance of remote-access computing and IT network to include journaling, tracking, and documenting changes to multimedia in a test environment.
- Instruct and organize graduate-level experiential lab courses.
- Act as administrative support and contributing member on research projects including the DARPA MediFor project by maintaining lab space and computers and providing technical support and oversight for students creating research project content and deliverables.
- Augment NCMF's research programs by conducting research studies and assisting in the processes of development and applying for research funding.
- Participate in research and development of certificate program for training courses.
Breakdown of Responsibilities (Mirroring Position Funding):
45% NCMF Auxiliary Revenue Support:
- Teach 3 or more student credit hours per year
- Research and identify new grant and contract opportunities. Assist in developing and writing proposals
- Assist in work towards yielding a certificate-bearing program of training courses
35% Research Project Support:
- Support the Center's multimedia research production goals with information technology needed for creating planning, executing, and journaling deliverables related to sponsored projects including the DARPA MediFor project
- Maintain technology in research labs which support the Center's funded projects including the DARPA MediFor project
- Administer the creation and delivery of contract related deliverables
20% NCMF Program Fee Support:
- Maintain hardware and software in 20-seat NCMF computer classroom
- Build and maintain a cloud computing infrastructure that MSRA-MF program's hybrid students will use (replacing current technology)
- Maintain NCMF servers which are accessed by students and faculty for curricular material and projects
- Maintain workstations used for instruction and graduate student projects
Salary and Benefits:
The anticipated hiring salary is $48,642.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
- Bachelor's degree in forensics, computer science, management/computer information systems, computer engineering, information technology, or a directly related field.
- One year of professional level work experience to include computer and software management.
- Masters of Science in Recording Arts with an emphasis in Media Forensics or directly related field.
- Computer programming experience in bash, Python, and C++.
- Experience as technician or examiner in audio, video, or image forensics.
- Adept at installing and maintaining software and computer networks.
- Skilled in multimedia processing and editing.
- Knowledge of principles in digital and multimedia forensics.
- Ability to conduct research in multimedia forensics.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to maintain a climate that is collegial, that respects and values diversity, and that treats faculty, staff, and learners fairly.
- Strong computing skills including command line utilities.
- Basic knowledge of computer and server networking.
- Broad knowledge in software applications for audio, video, and image production and processing.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: Leah Haloin at [email protected]
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by April 10, 2018. Those who do not apply by April 10th may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30119 - CAM-Dean's Office
Posting Date: Mar 27, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Leah Haloin
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00625904