ATTNDNT LARGE ANIMAL A/B
Duties: Under general supervision, perform a variety of duties involving the daily care and feeding of animals and the cleaning and general upkeep of stall facilities. Reports to Supervisor, Patient Facilities.
1. Perform general patient care, maintain general maintenance and cleanliness of patient areas
* Provide daily maintenance of stall facilities, to include cleaning and disinfecting stalls, as well as water and feed buckets
* Help to maintain patient treatment areas and equipment; clean area and equipment after treatments are performed stall-side and in treatment areas
* Organize and maintain stock of paperwork in all barns, and ensure critical care areas are fully stocked with fluids and other frequently-used materials
* Feeding, grooming, and walking. Ensure patients have clean water, feed, and hay, per treatment orders or nurse/clinician
* Other general housekeeping and grounds keeping tasks
2. Assist with movement of large animal patients and patient supplies
* Assist with transport of down or dead animals
* Transport bedding and feed material to/from patient areas
* Operate a variety of motorized equipment including forklift, tractor and standard dump truck
3. Contribute to a professional, safe and efficient hospital environment
* Effectively manage time and plan daily activities to ensure excellent patient care
* Follow Biosecurity protocols and remain knowledgeable about changing requirements
* Follow standard operating procedures for each area and safety procedures for all equipment
* Document stall cleaning status as needed to ensure efficient stall turnover
* Assist in all areas as needed to ensure efficient operation of the hospital. Other duties as assigned.
Dayshift: 5am-1:30pm Mon-Fri. Including some weekends and holidays
Qualifications: A Level: High school graduate or equivalent preferred. Large animal handling experience required. Ability to operate a variety of motorized equipment including forklift, tractor and standard dump truck required. Ability to perform strenuous work and tolerate exposure to weather, chemicals and allergens required. Valid driver's license required.
B Level: Same as above, plus 2- 3 years of experience.
Reference Number: 58-28349
Salary Grade: 021/22
Employment Type: Non-Exempt
Org: Widener Hospital
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: 3-Animal Care