IT SR PROJECT LEADER
Duties: The purpose of this position is to introduce strategic guidance, identify and implement solutions, and lead related projects representing faculty needs to specialized teams at Wharton Computing. Reporting to the IT Director of the Strategic Partnerships group, the Service Manager will will work closely with IT Director of the System and Process/IDEA group and IT Technical Director of the Custom Applications/ESS group leading projects on behalf of 470 Wharton faculty across all 10 academic departments of the Wharton School. Position's responsibilities are multifaceted and require operation at the intersection between the faculty, technology, and user experience.
Position responsibilities across both IDEA and ESS groups include:
* Form and lead specialized project teams across Wharton Computing and academic departments, focusing on UX and
* Determine scopes, timelines, and direct budgets
* Identify and build requirements
* Work closely with vendors to identify and integrate best-of-breed solutions which enhance academic teaching inside
and outside of classroom
* Work with solutions teams to identify possible solutions and research options in the marketplace
* Shepherd training and delivery of solutions to faculty
* Work with faculty through a variety of means (interviews, surveys, user sessions) to identify new service/application
needs or improvements to existing services
* Develop, manage and grow relationships with faculty in Academic departments and service providers at
Qualifications: A Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 4-6 years of experience in an IT field with demonstrable experience in successfully managing and providing systems and application support and services, preferably in Higher Education; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously; be exceptionally well organized and have focus and attention to detail.
Demonstrated experience and success in aligning technology, projects and staff with organizational priorities.
Effective communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, independent problem- solving and decision-making, self-direction, and ability to manage a complex workload.
Customer focused, must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment, and able to work extended hours and travel as required.
Ability to exercise excellent judgment, tact, confidentiality and diplomacy in all interactions.
Demonstrable ability to maintain a team-oriented, professional, and cooperative attitude at all times.
Extensive knowledge of Windows Server operating systems and Active Directory.
Experience with a variety of desktop operating systems, including Windows and Mac OS; mobile operating systems, and a wide variety of software applications, including Microsoft Office, anti-virus, and software utilities.
ITIL/ITSM experience a plus.
Reference Number: 07-28135
Salary Grade: E
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: Wharton Computing and Instructional Technology (WCIT)
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: E-Information Systems/Technology