SYS fac Construction - 951000
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm
With a staff of 20 architects, interior designers and other construction and administrative professionals, this office provides professional planning and construction management for the campuses and System Administration for all major renovation and construction projects.
These responsibilities range from initial project development through programming, design, construction and commissioning. Working closely with the administration, faculty, staff and students, the System Facilities Planning and Construction Office implements the highest standards in design, particularly focusing on high-performance, efficient, and sustainable facilities.
The Systems Facilities Design and Construction department at the University of North Texas System is seeking to hire a Project Manager to join their team. This position serves as the lead point of contact for capital projects and coordinates all day to day activities with campus representatives and project design professionals. This position is responsible for the management of capital projects greater than $2 million for major renovation projects and new construction for the campuses that comprise the University of North Texas System. This owner's representative position includes all aspects of project management from consultant team selections to technical design reviews to design construction administration. Work is performed under the supervision of a Senior Project Manager.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Manages and monitors project development to ensure meeting project goals, University standards and code compliance.
* Project Management includes consultant team selections, planning through design, construction and closeout.
* Directs the selection and acquisition of furniture, fixture and equipment (FF&E) for capital projects.
* Directs the coordination of client move services related to capital projects.
* Manages project scopes, budgets and schedules throughout a project.
* Participates in the RFQ and RFP processes for selection and approval of professional service providers including review and negotiation of proposals.
* Ensures effective communication and coordination among internal and external project committee members including stakeholders.
* Reviews, tracks and processes project documentation.
* Coordinates project activities with college/university departments such as facilities maintenance, public safety, IT, risk management and administrators to ensure all parties are well informed and that work proceeds on schedule.
* Researches, prepares and presents reports and presentations as requested.
* Represents UNTS at local, regional and state agency meetings when directed.
* Ensures that campus wide reviews are conducted at the end of each design phase and that a detailed technical review of final construction drawings and specifications is conducted within the time allotted by the approved schedule.
* Coordinates, supervises and reviews work of professional service providers engaged to serve UNT System in the
development of its physical facilities.
* Assists with the preparation of proposed project budgets and schedules and maintains approved budgets and
schedules through completion of the project.
* Performs other job related duties as required or assigned by the Senior Project Manager or the Associate Vice Chancellor for System Facilities.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Architectural Engineering, Interior Architecture or closely-related field; five years of progressively responsible experience in facilities design and construction, preferably with experience related to campus planning, design and construction; or any equivalent combination of experience, education or training which provides the following knowledge, abilities, and skills:
* Knowledge of Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, University guidelines, and local building codes relating to construction or renovation projects.
* Knowledge of construction delivery methods and the advantages of each in an educational setting.
* Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems as they relate to a building project.
* Ability to work with computer programs to organize, store, manipulate and retrieve text and data.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
* Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Eight (8) years of progressively responsible experience, at least six (6) in a higher education environment
* Certified as a LEED AP BD+C or Commercial Interiors
* Active membership in a professional organization such as American Institute of Architects or International Interior Design Association
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary commensurate with experience
Quicklink for Posting