Programmer - Temporary
Programmer - Temporary
Physical Therapy - 300820
The University of North Texas Health Science Center Department of Physical Therapy is housed within the School of Health Professions (SHP), which also includes a Physician Assistant Studies Program and an online Graduate Certificate in Lifestyle Health. The PT department offers a clinical Doctorate of Physical Therapy (DPT) and a dual-degree DPT/Ph.D. in Structural Anatomy and Rehabilitation Sciences in collaboration with the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences. UNTHSC is dedicated to excellence in education, research, primary care and community service with the goal of becoming a top 10 health science center. UNTHSC has a strong commitment to the success of the Physical Therapy department. UNTHSC relies on a culture of values with integrity, collaboration, respect, serve others first, be visionary to create solutions for a healthier community. We develop and deliver these solutions in an inter-professional, team-based environment that promotes patient-centered care. We are seeking a faculty member who recognizes the importance of values-based leadership and whose vision is consistent with emerging health care delivery.
The Physical Therapy Department at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire a Programmer to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
The primary responsibilities of this position are to:
* Develop protocols and code programs/scripts to facilitate data management, integration, analysis, and visualization from systems including (but not limited to) eye tracking, motion capture, and force plates.
* Support operations of the motion capture system (Cortex, Motion Analysis Corp.) via data collection, analysis, and management.
Job duties may also include one or more of the following depending on proficiency and experience:
* Documenting/annotating code and procedures/rationale used throughout.
* Data sanitization (e.g., making nonuniform data uniform, or coding flexibly to accommodate nonuniform data).
* Overseeing program implementation and use by training and providing working supervision for end users (including principal investigators, students, and staff)
* Development and management of controls and tests to ensure data integrity.
* Optimization of programs and techniques to improve performance and efficiency, including redesigning the logic of codes written by other programmers and scientists.
* Design, setup, and administration of databases and queries (REDCap, SQL, and/or MS Access).
* Setup and administration of a local server (PostgreSQL or MySQL)
* Support for data collection and entry as needed.
* Other duties as assigned.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
Bachelor's degree and two (2) years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Proficiency working in Linux and Mac operating systems.
* Proficiency with PostgreSQL or MySQL.
* Experience with server administration.
* Experience with image processing.
* Experience managing/analyzing kinematic and/or eye tracking data.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
* Advanced proficiency in Python.
* Intermediate proficiency in Matlab.
* Knowledge of GIT, Mercurial, or similar version control.
* Strong communication skills, ability to work in an interdisciplinary group and discuss processes/programs with non-computer scientists.
Special Instructions to Applicants
** This is a temporary position. The expected duration of this position is tentatively 6 months. **
Applicants must submit a resume and a cover letter with their online application.
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
Official Job Title
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled