Montclair State is New Jersey's second largest university. It offers the advantages of a large university - a broad undergraduate curriculum with a global focus, a wide variety of superior graduate programs through the doctoral level, and a diverse faculty and student body - combined with a small college's attention to students.
Posting Date March 26, 2018
Position Title Cook-12 Months
Vacancy # VC-400
Department College of Science and Mathematics
Division Academic Affairs
*** This position is located in Branchville, NJ 07826 ***
To prepare and serve meals and snacks using established standards, to clients, students, guests and staff, that are of a good quality, satisfying, and meet all safety standards. Ability to achieve excellence meeting all food safety and hygiene standards in food preparation, sanitation, service, and storage. Ability to comply with all local, county, state, and federal, food safety, and hygiene guidelines and regulations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises food service workers in a cooking unit of a large kitchen or has general supervision over food service workers in a small kitchen.
- Prepares, cooks, and serves food in large quantities.
- Prepare meals and monitor all aspects of the food service department using established standards, equipment, cleaning products, food products and recommendations. Assist Sr. Food Service Handlers as appropriate.
- Keep entire food service areas clean and sanitized including, Transfer stock deliveries and inventory to and from warehouse.
- Oversee activities in the kitchen to ensure proper preparation of the food.
- Assures that menus are followed and that established food preservation and preparation procedures is used. Maintains records and files.
- Strive for excellent customer services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Management retains the right to add or change hob duties at any time.
Qualifications & Requirements
- One (1) year of experience as a cook involving the preparation of a variety of food in large quantities.
Commensurate with experience.
Anticipated Start Date Open until position is filled.
Send cover letter and resume to
(include vacancy # if above)
Salary Range H10: $31,433.03-$43,799.60 *NOTE: Salaries for internal candidates are determined by the New Jersey Civil Service Commission's formula. Salaries for external candidates are determined up to no more than $35,555.22.
*When submitting a resume and cover letter, please combine the documents into one single document (PDF or MS Word) via the apply link.*
Apply By Review will begin immediately and continues until position is filled.
Organizational Marketing Statement:
Building on a distinguished 105-year history, Montclair State University is proud to be a leading institution of higher education in New Jersey. The university's six colleges and schools serve more than 19,000 undergraduate and graduate students in 300 majors, minors, concentrations and certificate programs. Situated on a beautiful, 250-acre suburban campus just 14 miles from New York City, Montclair State combines the instructional and research resources of a large public university in a dynamic, sophisticated, and diverse academic environment.
Montclair State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution with a strong commitment to diversity. Additional information can be found on the MSU website at www.montclair.edu.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION INSTITUTION