Teacher Education Program Assistant
Salary: $45,623 - $65,438
Title: Teacher Education Program Assistant
Department: Graduate School of Education
Date Posted: 03/27/2018
Position Information: Under general supervision of the Assistant Dean and Director of the Teacher Education Program, the incumbent is responsible for several key areas within the Teacher Education Program in the Graduate School of Education (GSOE). Responsibilities include, but, are not limited to, supervising student assistants, coordinating all Teacher Education program events including but not limited to room reservations, media staffing, materials needed, etc. Incumbent is also responsible for purchasing, work orders, inventory, travel and entertainment coordination and reimbursements, and serving as the primary liaison with numerous campus departments for all administrative and event related needs. Incumbent also performs full administrative duties as necessary to support the Teacher Education Program students, staff and director.
Minimum Requirements: Skill in coordinating administrative activities by determining the time, place, and sequence of actions to be taken.
Strong organizational skills with strict attention to detail. Ability to prioritize work, and keep accurate records of documents, materials efficiently and accurately.
Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
Demonstrated experience supervising student employees including: recruitment, hiring, training, and performance evaluations.
Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines, and ability to work cooperatively in a team setting.
Demonstrated skill in working independently and following through on assignments with minimal supervision; work effectively with frequent interruptions; meet schedules and deadlines.
Demonstrated ability to interact professionally; ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships. Strong skills in customer service.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience in a student support role; interacting and assisting students daily.
Skill in preparing and maintaining financial information and records. Demonstrated skills to develop spreadsheets and databases.
Experience working in higher education.
Knowledge of University of California processes, documents, financial structure and systems.
Experience utilizing UCR's e-Buy, e-Pay, iTravel, Storehouse, Media Works, Virtual EMS, web recharges and on-line work order systems.
Knowledge of UCR travel and entertainment policies, and experience preparing travel reimbursements.
Education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview