Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is the 31st member of the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. With a current enrollment of over 12,000 students, enrollment is projected to exceed 13,000 students in 2017, including both residential and commuter students. GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 850,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology.
Admissions Services - 6510520
Enrollment Management Services
Cover Letter, Resume
The Admissions Processor is responsible for processing all admission applications, transcripts, test scores and correspondence for new, re-enrolling, transfer, outreach and international student applications for Georgia Gwinnett College.
- Processes applications for all incoming students
- Responsible for updating and maintaining student records and databases using Banner and Ellucian CRM Recruit
- Responsible for scanning, indexing, and processing all admission documents
- Evaluates courses and recalculates grade point average for transcripts
- Maintains admission checklists for on-line application status tool
- Communicates with applicants during application life cycle
- Determines the eligibility for admission and renders admission decisions in accordance with policy
- Responsible for continuous review of assigned application dashboards to facilitate application completion.
- Works closely with the admissions counselors and other enrollment management services regarding applicant's admission status
- Performs other related duties as directed
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- Associate degree
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and have a good work ethic
- Excellent oral and written communication, organizational and time management skills
- Technological proficiency, including Microsoft Office and other software applications
- Computer data entry knowledge
- Ability to learn quickly, work efficiently, and accurately under set deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced office environment
- Ability to work effectively with others in a team environment
- Commitment to maintaining confidentiality
- Bachelor degree
- Previous experience with Banner and Ellucian CRM Recruit
- Previous higher education experience
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Position may require non-standard work hours (nights and weekends).