Senior Facilities Technician
Requisition Number STA - 201000000604
Job Title Senior Facilities Technician
The University of North Texas System in Downtown Dallas invites applications for the position of Senior Facilities Technician .
UNT System is a growing presence in downtown Dallas. The UNT System Facilities Operation and Maintenance department is a service organization. The department is responsible for most of the services needed to maintain and operate the 13 floor high-rise building. Our goal is to provide world class support for the UNT System by ensuring safe, reliable, efficient facility and utility services delivered with outstanding customer services and effective stewardship of resources and the environment. For additional information regarding this position, the University of North Texas Career Bands are located on the Human Resources website at: www.hr.unt.edu under the subtitle of Pay Plan.
The UNT System Facilities Maintenance Department supports the Office of the Chancellor and the Vice Chancellors, the UNT Dallas College of Law, the Universities Center at Dallas, ArtSpace Dallas, and the Design Research Center by providing responsible stewardship and efficient operation of UNT System's physical assets. The UNT System Facilities Maintenance team performs routine and preventative maintenance and repairs of the building and utility infrastructure. UNT System Facilities Maintenance operates, maintains and repairs UNT System facilities and installed systems in accordance with applicable codes and regulations, and in conformance with established policies and standards.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Able to perform routine maintenance to all areas of the 13 floor high-rise building including but not limited to electrical, mechanical, and plumbing systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot HVAC equipment, including chillers, pumps, cooling towers, AHUs, FCUs, VAVs, CRAC units, filtration systems, etc.
- Able to troubleshoot electrical systems, VFD's, Lighting controls, etc.
- Operate, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair MEP equipment at the downtown Dallas location.
- Willingness to work overtime and unconventional hourly schedules.
- Willingness to perform other duties and tasks as assigned, including event set up/tear down and preventive maintenance schedules.
- Able to read and understand blueprints and O&M manuals.
- Ability to operate computer based Building Management System. Experience with Johnson Controls Metasys is a plus.
- Ability to operate and reset Fire Alarm system, Fire Sprinkler System, Fire Pump, Stair Pressurization fans, smoke curtains, fire dampers, etc.
- Participate in project design review.
- Inspect and verify satisfactory completion of work by contractors and others.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a High school diploma/GED equivalent and six years experience in related maintenance/ repair field. Substitution of education for experience allowed. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
- Knowledge of and skill in use of standard tools, equipment, materials, methods, and practices of general maintenance task
- Knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions of general maintenance
- Knowledge of blueprints, schematics, and working drawings
- Ability to use basic shop math applications
- Ability to locate and identify problems in appropriate building system or equipment and to plan and execute necessary repairs
- Physical ability to perform moderately heavy physical work which includes lifting and crawling, and to remain outdoors in inclement
- Knowledge of appropriate safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed
- Valid driver's license and ability to drive a vehicle, and maintain coverage under University auto insurance policy, if required to drive University vehicles
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- Ten years' experience in either the HVAC or Electrical trade.
- Strong troubleshooting skills with a process-oriented mindset.
- Ability to recognize and to correct maintenance needs in the building.
- Willingness to do general maintenance work.
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work requires some muscular exertion and/or physical strain such as standing for long periods of time, recurring bending, or recurring lifting of items weighing up to 25 pounds.
Driving University Vehicle? No
40 hour week, Subject to work evenings and Saturdays. May be required to work nights, weekends, Holidays.
Substitution of Experience/Education Yes
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Texas Workforce Commission
- HigherEd Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed
- Linked In
- Professional Diversity Network
- Company Website
- Job Fair
- Current Employee
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is your highest level of completed education?
- High School/GED
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- PhD (or terminal degree for your discipline)
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
- * Do you possess a valid Texas Drivers License or the ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment?