Course Instructor, Nursing, Education Specialty Track
WGU’s faculty is committed to a student-centric, competency-based academic model. Learning is personalized for each student, and courses do not follow a fixed schedule or group pace. Course Instructors at WGU function as subject matter experts who assist students as they engage specific sections of the WGU curriculum. They are committed to bringing course content to life, and facilitating learning communities.
Western Governors University is the only university in the history of American higher education to have earned accreditation from four regional accrediting commissions. The WGU nursing programs are CCNE accredited and named as a Center of Excellence (2015-2019) by the National League for Nursing (NLN).
- Must have a doctorate or terminal degree in Nursing or related field
- Minimum seven years of progressive Nursing experience
- Experience providing student support and instruction in a college or university setting to nursing students (experience with instruction at the graduate level strongly preferred)
- We are seeking candidates who are willing to dedicate their time to the Course Instructor position as their only focus for the first year of employment with WGU.
- Must have an active and unencumbered Nursing license in state of residence
- Strong technical skills: able to utilize and learn various software applications, learning platforms, Microsoft office suite, and technology-based delivery systems.
- Travel to and participation in semi-annual academic meetings is required.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check. Must be lawfully employable in the United States either by virtue of citizenship or by permanent residency via a green card.
- Subject matter expertise and proven experience in various Nursing disciplines
- Understanding and appreciation of competency-based education
- Proven track record for effective coaching and communication skills within a diverse population
- Success in working on complex projects using a collaborative work model
- Superior writing and technology skills;
- Organization skills and attention to detail
- Passion for assisting and supporting others
- Independent self-starter/self-manager
- Demonstrated professionalism that displays effective judgment and professional integrity.
WORK FROM HOME, United States