Executive Administrative Assistant
Executive Administrative Assistant
SAN JOSE -EVERGREEN COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
The San Jose - Evergreen Community College District is currently recruiting for an Executive Administrative Assistant. This is a temporary assignment through 6/01/18 with the possibility of extension.
Hourly pay is $28.48. Working hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM. Position will be located at District Services on 40 South Market St, San Jose CA 95113.
This position is responsible for managing and coordinating the administrative functions within the office of the assigned Executive. Incumbents perform a variety of complex administrative duties for the assigned executive or administrative management staff; assist in the administration of office functions, and provide information and assistance to all levels of administration, faculty, staff, students, vendors, and the public.
This class is distinguished from other classes in the Administrative Assistant series in that this class provides advanced and confidential administrative and secretarial support to an Executive. Incumbents in this class may be responsible for overseeing day-to-day office functions, and are responsible for the most difficult and responsible types of duties assigned to classes in the series. Employees at this level are required to be fully trained in all procedures related to assigned area of responsibility and work independently with minimum supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities/Specific to Position:
1. Serve as a liaison with all levels of administration, faculty, staff, students, vendors and the public. Work with all constituent groups and ensure the implementation of the vision for the District.
2. Screen office and telephone calls; respond to sensitive complaints and requests for information from the general public, students, faculty and staff; resolve concerns and complaints; refer inquiries as appropriate.
3. Establish and maintain a variety of confidential files and records; research and gather information for special reports.
4. Maintain calendars of department activities, meetings and various events; make reservations for conferences and other events; coordinate travel arrangements for department staff as needed.
5. Perform paraprofessional support work as assigned; research questions pertaining to policies and procedures.
6. Perform a variety of administrative and clerical support functions; receive, review and initiate the processing of vendor contracts; submit appropriate paperwork and follow-up as necessary.
7. Perform confidential administrative assistant functions for assigned office activities; independently prepare correspondence; respond to letters and general correspondence of a routine nature; prepare reports and graphic materials as assigned.
8. Receive and process agreements; edit and maintain agreements; monitor expiration dates, inform appropriate executive staff.
9. Compile Board meeting material; ensure all information is assembled and properly filed; route to Chancellor's Office by assigned deadline.
10. Provide staff support on a variety of boards and committees; prepare agendas and other material; prepare minutes and distribute.
11. Maintain department budget and monitor expenditures, and prepare department related purchase requisitions, budget transfers, journal entries, process credit card statements, invoices, etc.
12. Open, sort and distribute mail; identify priority items.
13. Order and maintain adequate supplies as required.
14. Perform other related duties as assigned.
1. Principles of business letter writing.
2. Advanced principles and procedures of record keeping and reporting.
3. Modern office procedures, methods and computer equipment.
4. English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
5. Basic mathematical principles.
6. Time management and organization skills.
7. Training, planning and directing work.
Skills and Abilities to:
1. Perform routine secretarial work involving the use of district procedures and processes.
2. Take meeting notes effectively and independently.
3. Demonstrate superior public service skills.
4. Interpret and apply administrative and departmental policies and procedures.
5. Operate a variety of office machines including computer devices.
6. Use computer applications such as Microsoft Office, Ellucian, SharePoint effectively.
7. Maintain confidential and administrative records and files.
8. Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
9. Work independently in the absence of supervision.
10. Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge, and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of the individuals we serve and sensitivity to and knowledge and understanding of groups historically underrepresented, and groups who may have experienced discrimination.
2. Equivalent to completion of the twelfth grade supplemented by specialized secretarial training and/or college level course work.
3. Three years of increasingly responsible administrative secretarial experience.
1. Typical office environment.
1. Essential and other important functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for sitting for prolonged periods of time.
Interested applicants should apply to our Classified Short-Term Temporary Hourly Applicant Pool @ https://sjeccd.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobid=57
For consideration, please submit a District application, cover letter, resume and copy of your transcripts by Monday, April 2nd at 5:00 PM.