Professional Development Partnerships Manager
A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Azusa Pacific University is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering more than 100 associate's, bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at six regional locations across Southern California, APU continues to be recognized annually as one of America's Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report. APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
This position is responsible for managing professional development partnerships, on behalf of the Center for Career and Calling. The Manager will oversee and maintain outreach to employers, organizations and vendors to benefit the professional development needs of undergraduate, graduate, and professional students and alumni. In reporting to the Director, the Professional Development Partnerships Manager will provide leadership with external relationships, ongoing management of career development platforms and systems, and the branding and marketing initiatives of the Center for Career and Calling.
- Holds an undergraduate degree in Business, Communication, Human Resources, Leadership, Management, or related field. Graduate degree preferred.
- 3 - 5 years related experience in career/professional development, talent acquisition, and/or managing partnerships with different clients, employers, organizations, and vendors.
- Proven ability to create and maintain thriving relationships with a variety of internal and external clients in a complex system.
- Experience in training and developing professionals at work.
- Demonstrated understanding of career best practices, industry trends and quality relationship management.
- Experience and ease of use with digital media and emerging technology platforms.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Develop and execute professional development partnerships strategy, in collaboration with the Director of the Center for Career and Calling,
- Manage the Center for Career and Calling's Partnership Network; sourcing and developing new partnerships on an ongoing basis to meet the changing and diverse needs of various APU stakeholders.
- Represent the Center for Career and Calling through regular engagement with business organizations and professional associations.
- Liaise with various APU colleges and schools related to the ongoing career and professional development needs of students and alumni.
- Design and oversee all Center for Career and Calling events.
- Oversee branding and marketing for events, resources, and services provided by the Center for Career and Calling
- Oversee employer visits, recruitment experiences and professional development programs designed for students.
- Manage various student staff to support employer relations and marketing initiatives.
- Serve as the team lead for Handshake, the university's primary career development platform
- Oversee the ongoing maintenance of the APU Career Network.
- Contribute to the ongoing planning and strategy development for the Center for Career and Calling.
- Provide career consulting support to students and alumni, as needed.
- Design and deliver professional development workshops, as needed.
- Support strategic initiatives of the Director of the Center for Career and Calling, as needed.
- Responsible for daily electronic timekeeping as it applies to the scope of this position.
- Regular and punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of the Center for Career and Calling.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.