Student Services Coordinator - Greek Life & Leadership
The Coordinator of Greek Life and Leadership serves in an important role in the Student Union, within Student Involvement, overseeing the Fraternity & Sorority Community and assisting with the coordination and implementation of leadership programs. The Coordinator of Student Involvement’s primary responsibilities are to provide leadership and direction to the UWM fraternity and sorority community, through advising and administrative support, implementation of educational and leadership development programming, and coordination of long-term strategic visioning and planning. The Coordinator of Greek Life and Leadership works collaboratively with the Assistant Director of Leadership and the Coordinator of Leadership to facilitate a comprehensive campus-wide leadership program and to develop new and innovative leadership opportunities. As part of the Student Involvement Staff in the UWM Student Union, this position will work closely with students seeking co-curricular involvement on campus to assist them in finding meaningful campus opportunities. This position will supervise a graduate-level staff member working with the Fraternity & Sorority Community and three Leadership Program Assistants, working to develop, facilitate and promote leadership programming. This position also serves as the liaison to campus honor societies and serves as an advisor to Panther Miracle Network Dance Marathon, an annual student-led philanthropic campus tradition.
Salary will be commensurate with the level of education and experience as designated within UW System’s unclassified staff salary grade 3, Associate Student Services Coordinator or salary grade 4, (No-Prefix) Student Services Coordinator. The minimum starting salary for an Associate Student Services Coordinator is $36,790 and a (No Prefix) Student Services Coordinator is $42,167. This includes a comprehensive Wisconsin Retirement System benefits package.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- Master’s Degree in College Student Personnel, Higher Education Admin, Counseling, or a related field (must be obtained by August 1, 2018).
- Experience working in student involvement, activities, student life, leadership, programming, Greek life, academic advising, FYE, residence life, or related area in a higher education setting.
Well qualified candidates will possess the following:
- Demonstrated experience working with and/or advising fraternities and sororities and/or student organizations.
- Demonstrated foundational knowledge of fraternity and sorority mission/purpose, current trends, applicable policies, and programs.
- Previous experience implementing leadership development programming and training based in student development and leadership theories.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in hiring, training, mentoring, coaching, and supervising student staff.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, collaborate, and foster mutually-beneficial working relationships with diverse constituencies, including but not limited to, students, parents, faculty, staff, campus leadership, and external entities.
- Demonstrated experience in developing student-centered events, activities, programs, and services in a postsecondary education environment.
Apply online ONLY: http://jobs.uwm.edu/postings/27294