Head Men''''s Basketball Coach
At UNC Asheville, developing "Champions in Athletics and Leaders in Life", starts at recruitment and continues beyond graduation. Our expectation is that the combination of a strong, liberal arts education combined with multi-dimensional athletics experiences will foster long-term community and professional accomplishments by our student-athletes after they graduate. UNC Asheville Athletics proudly sponsors competitive, broad-based, fiscally-sound and ethically responsible NCAA Division I athletic programs.
The Head Men's Basketball Coach is responsible for the management and administration of all phases of an intercollegiate sports program in a manner that upholds the philosophy and objectives of the Department of Athletics and the University.
Sportsmanship, fairness, honesty, respect, responsibility, and compassion are the hallmarks of our athletics program. Adhering to these values helps create a culture of excellence that emphasizes academics, community service, inclusion, and integrity for our fans, staff, and student-athletes. A successful, well-run athletics program also builds pride in and support for the University among students, faculty, staff, alumni and the citizens of the Asheville area in Western North Carolina.
A Bachelor's degree is required, a master's degree is preferred. Applicants should also demonstrate:
- NCAA Division I coaching experience in a competitive collegiate basketball program required;
- Employment with a Division I basketball program within the last three years; however, consideration will be given to NCAA Division II candidates with proven successful head coaching experience;
- Strong organizational, oral, and written communication skills;
- extensive recruiting experience;
- Commitment to the academic success and graduation of student-athletes;
- Commitment to the responsibility to adhere to all policies, rules, and regulations of the University of North Carolina, UNC Asheville, the Big South Conference, and the NCAA.
UNC Asheville is committed to equality and diversity of experiences for our students, applicants and employees. Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply regardless of socio-economic status, gender expression, gender and sexual identity, culture, and ideological beliefs. UNC Asheville is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will not discriminate against applicants and employees on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other legally protected status with respect to all terms, conditions, and privileges of university-sponsored activities, employment, and the use of university facilities.