Job Title Electrician V
Job ID 997277
Location North Campus
Full/Part Time Full-Time
STAFF - Support Non-Exempt (SNE)
$22.13 - $27.66
Electrical Chief, Facilities Management
Open Until Filled
The Electrician V performs skilled technical and electrical work. The Electrician V position inspects electrical installations, performs repairs, and maintains electrical systems in accordance with the standard practices of the electrical trade.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs tasks by using safe practices of the electrical trade, interprets work from technical sketches, blueprints and written/oral instructions
- Operates power driven and manually operated equipment and tools
- Installs, maintains, and repairs electrical distribution systems such as transformers, panel boards, raceways, and wiring devices
- Installs, maintains, and repairs power and lighting systems.
- Installs, maintains, and repairs control circuits supporting energy management and other devices operating on electricity
- Performs and monitors the assigned Preventive Maintenance Program that includes the routine operation and reporting, through the chain of command, the quality of the alternate power supplies (i.e., generators) for the assigned zone
- Exercises independent judgment in determining work methods, procedures, personnel, and materials needed to complete the assigned work
- Stays current with codes and technological methods and advances of the electrical trade
- Estimates time and materials required for work, submits requisitions for materials, and makes recommendations concerning increases or decreases in personnel
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent. A minimum of five (5) years of diversified experience in the electrical trade in which 'Two (2) of those years must be at a Supervisory level'
- Possess a valid certificate of Competency as a Licensed Master Electrician in an appropriate trade specialty from Miami-Dade, Broward, Monroe, Palm Beach County, or State License, where applicable
- Possess a current valid driver's license with the ability to travel to any campus.
- Knowledge and understanding of College organization, goals and objectives, and policies and procedures
- Comprehensive and thorough knowledge of trade tools and of occupational hazards, safety precautions, local codes, and regulations pertaining to the trades is essential
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to follow instructions relating to work assignment that may be oral or written and may be accompanied by sketches or blueprints
- Ability to plan, assign, review, supervise, and inspect the work of others, schedule facilities and staff, and coordinate work with other trades
- Ability to operate a computer terminal and large industrial equipment
- Ability to read, write and understand oral and written instructions
- Ability to use electronic mail, web based trouble report systems, PDA based C.M.M.S software
- Ability to travel in county, work any shift, weekends, and holidays, perform on-call and respond to after-hour emergencies
- Ability to work in a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural environment with students, faculty and staff
- This function/position has been designated as essential. This means that when the College is faced with an institutional emergency, employees in such positions may be required to remain at their work location or to report to work to protect, recover, and continue operations at the College.