HR Specialist, Wage Hiring
Working Title: HR Specialist, Wage Hiring
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Chief Human Resources Office
Posting Date: 03-26-2018
The University of Virginia seeks an HR Specialist, Wage Hiring to join their Talent Recruitment team. This position is responsible for a variety of wage hiring activities aligned with student, staff and faculty wage searches.
Duties and responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Deliver the highest level of service to candidates and hiring managers throughout the entire wage hiring process to ensure a consistent, smooth, and welcoming experience
- Provide search status updates to candidates, hiring managers, and HR Business Partners
- Review staff and faculty wage hire requests, post positions, and oversee the candidate experience
- Communicate with and respond to candidates in a timely manner and at regular intervals
- Use relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events and processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards
- Provide guidance and expert advice to management on technical, systems, or process-related topics
- Maintain current knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action guidelines and laws, such as the American with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Interpret and explain human resources policies, procedures, laws, standards, or regulations
- Discuss business strategies with manager
Qualified applicants will have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and 3 years of relevant experience.
This is a critical moment in the University's Human Resources evolution. The University has embarked on a series of ambitious changes for Human Resources that will play out over the next few years and have impact in the coming decade. To learn more about this transformation as well as the competencies expected of all future HR professionals, please visit https://ufirst.virginia.edu/.
To apply, visit http://jobs.virginia.edu and search on Posting Number 0622931. Please attach a Resume, Cover Letter, and contact information for three references.
Applications will be reviewed beginning March 31, 2018. The position will remain open until filled.
This position is restricted and contingent upon the continuation of funding.
The University of Virginia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We welcome applications from women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and ability to provide high level of customer service
- Work efficiently as part of a team as well as independently
- Exercise keen attention to detail in a fast paced environment
- Proactively communicate with hiring managers and candidates frequently
- Utilize excellent organizational and time management skills
- Display willingness and ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Handle sensitive information with discretion and confidentiality
- Utilize computer proficiency and technical aptitude with leading applications (e.g., Microsoft Office)
- Follow set policies and procedures
- Use business and management principles for strategic planning and leadership
- Use critical thinking to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Use deductive reasoning to apply general rules to specific problems to produce desired results
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=84187