University of Colorado - School of Medicine
- Responsible for analytical aspects of research process within the group including helping in the design of new research studies, data cleaning and association testing, maintenance of current pipelines, development of new pipelines and preparation of abstracts.
- Engage in whole genome sequencing data analysis using bash scripting and parallel programming in a High Performance Computing (HPC)/cluster Unix/Linux environment.
- Analyze and generate high throughput genomic data.
- Use MySQL, Sun (Oracle), grid engine, advanced Perl and Python Programming as applied to supporting and extending Bioinformatics workflows in Linux/Unix environments
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
• PhD in bioinformatics, genetics, or a related field.
• Experience in the following areas:
o Coding, particularly with R or Python in Unix environments
o Pipeline development and standard tools for large scale genomic data inference, (PLINK, Structure, Admixture, PCA)
o Using bash scripting in a Unix/Linux environment;
o MySQL, Sun (Oracle) Grid Engine;
o Advanced Perl and/or Python Programming.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 11889
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21533 - SOM-MED-BIOMED
Posting Date: Mar 26, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: AIleen Sanders
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00741237