University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Surgery - Division of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
Position # 744251, Requisition #13030
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearl
y 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado School of Medicine, Department of Surgery, Division of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery is seeking nominations and applications for an Associate Professor with a doctorate in Molecular Biology with research interest and expertise in recombinant immunotoxin development and directing a recombinant protein and immunotoxin core facility. This academic position will be at the level of Associate Professor.
The responsibilities associated with this faculty appointment will include development of an independent research program focused on recombinant immunotoxins for applications such as cancer immunotherapy and investigations into transplant immunology. This position will also include running a recombinant protein and immunotoxin core facility as director. The candidate is also expected to serve as an educator and mentor for students, post-doctoral fellows, and other learners in areas of expertise and to participate in teaching activities within the Department of Surgery geared toward understanding and developing the relationship between scientific research and clinical care.
- Ph.D. in Molecular Biology
- Five or more years of post-doctoral training and fifteen or more years of work experience in the field of recombinant immunotoxin development
- Five or more years of work experience running a recombinant protein expression and purification core facility in an academic institution
- Strong record of publications and patents in immunotoxin development and protein engineering; fifteen or more senior authorship papers in peer reviewed journals
- Four or more years of Assistant Professor or higher in an academic institution, five or more years of principle investigator experience in an academic institution
- Ten or more years of experience in training young scientists in an academic laboratory setting
- Ten or more years of work experience in a transplantation research center
Required Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and abilities:
- Demonstrated experience in running a recombinant protein expression and purification core facility
- Demonstrated expertise in protein engineering, recombinant protein expression and purification using prokaryotic and eukaryotic expression systems
- Demonstrated expertise and experience in developing recombinant immunotoxins
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of scientific techniques
- Demonstrated experience in running an independent lab, research projects and supervising young scientists
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated scientific ability to develop independent research projects and collaborate with other scientists.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references)
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20328 - SOM-SRG-RS PLAS Clinical
Posting Date: Mar 26, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Stephanie Farmer
Posting Contact Email: Stephanie.email@example.com
Position Number: 00744251