Professional Research Assistant
University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus
Department of Pediatrics - Section of Nutrition
Part-Time Professional Research Assistant
Position #620317 - Requisition #12864
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding.
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus is seeking applications for a bilingual (English and Spanish) Part-time Professional Research Assistant (75% full-time equivalency). This part-time position will be responsible for the coordination of two research projects. The projects include: 1. Delivery an ongoing community-based obesity intervention for children and families and 2. Developing and testing a childhood obesity intervention for Latino preschoolers at primary care clinics.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Recruit and consent participants for surveys and focus groups
- Administer surveys
- Independently conduct focus groups utilizing established operations manual
- Utilize established operations manual to prepare materials for the intervention and assist in the coordination of program sites
- Lead and support on-site team in delivering family weight management program
- Coordinate building reservations, staff, and volunteers for obesity intervention courses
- Enter data collected from surveys/focus groups into research database
- Assist in training, evaluation, feedback of intervention delivery to staff
- Assist in the preparation of grants and manuscripts including editing and formatting
- Institutional Review Board (IRB) documentation, continuing reviews, and amendments
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this 0.75 FTE position will be prorated to match the FTE and is negotiable and commensurate with skills, experience, and equity. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Nutrition, Psychology, Public Health, Healthcare Management or a related degree
- Minimum of 2 years' prior experience with research involving human subjects, including Institutional Review Board protocols
Condition of Employment:
- Must be willing and able to pass a national criminal and sex offender background check
- Must be willing and able to work some evenings
- Written and verbal fluency in Spanish and English
- Must be willing and able to successfully pass a 10-panel drug test
Required Competencies: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to participate and positively contribute within a dynamic team atmosphere
- Ability to be flexibility and reliable
- Fluency in both Spanish and English
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate with professional colleagues, clinical staff, and patients with diverse backgrounds
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Master's degree in Public Health, Clinical Science, or related field
- 3- 4 years of prior experience coordinating research programs and conducting qualitative research (focus groups or interviews)
- Experience with health education
- Experience with REDCap secure research database
- Experience with professional written grants and manuscripts for publication
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Special Instructions to Applicants:Special Instructions to Applicants *Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Required Application Materials: When applying at www.cu.edu/cu-careers, applicants must include: 1. A cover letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV or resume 3. The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and email addresses for three professional references. 4. (2) Professional recommendation letters Questions should be directed to Dr. Richard Boles at Richard.Boles@ucdenver.edu or Dr. Matthew Haemer at Matthew.Haemer@ucdenver.edu
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references. Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Reference Letters (Not Confidential)
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: - Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20876 - SOM-PEDS Nutrition-SalSvr
Posting Date: Mar 26, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Ricard Boles
Posting Contact Email: Richard.firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00620317