University of Colorado Denver
College of Liberal Arts and Sciences - Mathematics
Position #2896 - Requisition 13041
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences - Mathematics Department has an opening for a part-time University Staff (unclassified) Program Coordinator position.
In the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers-CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
As Colorado's only public urban research university, the University of Colorado Denver educates a diverse student body through quality academics, ambitious research and creative work, and civic engagement in the city we call home. CU Denver educates more than 15,000 undergraduate and graduate students, and with easy access to the state's cultural, business and civic hub, our students benefit from immersive classroom and real-world experiences, supplemented by unparalleled internship and networking opportunities. As the most diverse research university in Colorado, our campus attracts top students and offers over more than 100 highly rated degree programs through eight schools and colleges, as well as more than 30 online degree programs. Home to over 40 research centers and institutes, CU Denver receives more than $25 million in sponsored research awards annually, allowing us to generate knowledge and create solutions to society's most complex problems. Read CU Denver Quick Facts here.
This part-time Program Coordinator is responsible for managing the operations of the National Association of Math Circles and the Rocky Mountain Math Circle Program, both mathematical outreach programs aimed at teachers and students, as well as providing other workshop and grant related support on an as-needed basis. This position will work 12-18 hours per week.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Corresponding with program leadership and constituents both locally and nationally.
- Organizing data on programs locally and nationally by developing spreadsheets.
- Tracking materials for local and national workshops and meetings.
- Creating and editing basic flyers, brochures, and marketing materials.
- Basic updating of website content for both local and national programs.
- Drafting written products such as newsletter articles, annual reports, and grant award letters.
- Coordinating staffing and organization activities at local and national meetings.
- Using online shared-user platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox to organize files related to the above.
- Providing other administrative support on an as-needed basis.
- This position may require travel to approximately 2 national meetings per year, as well as occasional local visits to sites.
- Assisting with and possible supervision of work-study students.
The hiring salary range for this position has been established at $13,728 to $25,272 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
Three years of general clerical experience and two years of experience developing written products and managing data using electronic software such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience with developing and setting-up spreadsheets using complex formulas, as well as creating spreadsheets or databases for reporting and tracking purposes.
- Experience developing letters and complex professional correspondence.
- Experience utilizing electronic mail and calendars, electronically scheduling meetings and conferences.
- Experience editing professional publications including newsletters, posters and presentations.
- Experience working within a higher education environment.
- Experience managing grants or projects, in particular in STEM fields.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Strong grammar and writing skills are essential.
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, a fast learner and possess excellent time management, organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interpret complex rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to establish rapport with persons of diverse backgrounds.
- Expert level proficiency with professional software including Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, and MS Outlook) as well as other data storage systems such as Dropbox or Google Drive.
- Problem solving skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and work independently under minimal supervision.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) 4. Evidence of strong writing skills (anything that contains significant verbiage you have written - explanatory email, a paper, or anything else that contains the equivalent of at least half a page of text, preferably 1-2 pages) Questions should be directed to: Susan Rivera (email@example.com)
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Additional Attachments - Refer to Application Materials Instructions Below
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Review of applications will begin April 6, 2018, or once 20 applications have been received, and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30106 - CLAS-Mathematics
Posting Date: Mar 26, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Susan Rivera
Posting Contact Email: Susan.Rivera@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00002896