The purpose of the Office of Residence Life and Housing is to offer a living environment that will be an integral part of the educational experience offered at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs. The UCCS residential facilities should provide an atmosphere that is conducive to study, as well as social interaction and individual development.
General Housing Operations
- Assist the Associate Director with contract renewal, move-in logistics and assisting with the off-campus housing program as needed.
- Assist with conducting room inspections at the end of each term.
- Assist with any information dissemination to current and prospective residents and families.
- This position will work with not only perspective students and families but current residents. There may be a need for investigation for charges, requests for waivers of fees, assistance with applications, and/or cancellations. These are all significant to our contracting process.
- As the HR and Finance person they work with student employment to resolve pay issues, process and ensure all are paid properly. They will be doing all the receiving and processing of invoices, will often find problems with invoicing and will work with companies to correct issues. This position will try to find resolutions that are in our normal processes before escalation up the chain of command
- Oversee general communications from the Housing office to students, parents, and families
- Monitoring and responding to general housing email questions and requests
- Assist with student contacts for non-enrollment, no-shows, and other reasons as needed
- First line of responders to issues with check ins and outs, billing, advising on petition and appeal process. This position will take complaints regarding work orders, dining issues, and standard operating procedures.
- Review the Housing website regularly and work with the Associate Director of Housing to make any necessary changes
- Participate in yearly review of the housing handbook and contract, and assist in formulating rules and procedures as appropriate for operations
- Will provide insight and advice as we develop our processes both from a client perspective and how we need to operate within system and university policies
- Responsible for day-to-day operations, departmental email triage and response. Work with all internal clients as well as our resident population and families
- It is the responsibility of each and every member of our office to subscribe to our departmental goals, do everything possible to create an environment to live and learn. This position is an intricate member when writing policy, procedures and the software management
- Provide information and customer service to residents and parents/guardians in accordance with federal and state laws
Financial and Human Resource Management
- Assist with budget reconciliation
- Input and reconcile all miscellaneous billing to student accounts, as well as full semester billings, forfeitures and track application fees
- Prepare and process all payment vouchers, account payable processing, special purchase order management, ACard reports and any additional processes in conducting university business
- Prepare daily deposits and reconcile incoming credit card charges and disputes
- Manage all SPO, responsible for all AP in a timely fashion, they will do revenue billing and reconciliation. All purchasing of supplies and watching budget lines
- Maintain all payment plans for students paying off housing application fees
- Provide support for all Housing Operations and Residence Life searches
- Establish student employment paperwork processing and maintain files
- Process all payroll for professional and student staff
- Cross trained in all functions of the Occupancy and Customer Service Specialist to provide support during high volume periods as well as redundancy in case of absence or open position
- Maintain all copier rental contracts and order supplies as necessary
- Inventory and maintain office supplies for general office purpose
- Assist Director of Residence Life with supplies purchases for Residence Assistant and Academic Learning Assistant Staff
- Serve as resource and back up for Front Desk Assistants in absence of Customer Service Specialist
- Provide customer service to all current and prospective residents and families while maintaining all FERPA related topics
- Input residency requirement waivers into StarRez housing management system
- Maintain payment plans for students' application fees
- Educate prospective students and families on navigating and completing housing applications
- Process conduct/judicial paperwork for software data capture and send correspondence in association with the Director of Residence Life
- Assist with housing software management and education
- Provide an additional in-house resource for community development and programming
- Establish and maintain positive Pro-Staff and Student Staff relationships
- Serve on campus committees as they promote the department or foster excellence in the university community
- All other duties that are assigned by the Director and Associate Director of Housing Operations
- Excellent critical thinking process
- Ability to make decisions for the department in an ethical, judicious and timely manner
- Excellent customer service skills
- Working knowledge of computer equipment and technology and the implementation of such within an office/business environment
- Ability to effectively supervise and manage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven business and budgeting experience
- Ability to work in a fluid and ever-changing environment
- Possess conflict resolution skills
For the purposes of FLSA, this position has been determined to be exempt from (not eligible for) overtime under FLSA.
Salary Range: $45,000 - $48,000
The University of Colorado Colorado Springs offers a full benefits package. Information on university benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
- Bachelor's degree or five years of higher education, K through 12 or nonprofit administrative support role can be substituted for the degree AND
- One to three years of experience in administration
- Demonstrated experience in software use and management
- Experience in higher education housing operations and/or residence life.
- Three to five years of experience in higher education administration, business administration or related field.
- Experience using StarRez software system, or comparable housing management software.
- Knowledge of student development and higher education administration.
- Experience working with budgets, accounts payable and purchase order management.
- Experience working in PeopleSoft products.
- Experience with PCI compliance and credit card processing.
Special Instructions to Applicants:• Applications submitted by April 9, 2018 will receive full consideration. • Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. • Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. • Official transcripts will be required upon hire.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Unofficial transcript(s)
Application Materials Instructions:If you have technical difficulties with your application, please contact the CU Careers help desk at 303-860-4200 #5 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact.
Job Category: Student Services
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40129 - VCSS-AUX-Res Life & Housing
Posting Date: Mar 26, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Steven Horner
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00744896