Manager of Sponsored Research Accounting Cash Management & Administration
Requisition # 2018-8605
Department Sponsored Research Accounting
Category Financial Services and Procurement
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Reporting to the Director of Sponsored Research Accounting, the Manager, SRA Cash Management & Administration plays a leading role in performing the central office post award accounting and financial administration functions for the University sponsored research awards.
The Office of Finance and Treasury actively seeks staff members of exceptional ability and promise who share in Princeton University's commitment to excellence, and who present a diversity of viewpoints and cultures. We offer varied professional opportunities spanning all aspects of financial management, analysis, and processing in support of the teaching and research mission. As part of the University community, we respect the dignity and individuality of each staff member while trying to foster a sense of shared experience and common purpose. We are unwavering in our commitment to both diversity and community and embrace the variety of talents, backgrounds, and perspectives of all of our colleagues.
Supervises Staff & Manages Award Portfolio
Manages a staff of three who perform administrative and/or cash management duties, and evaluates staff performance along with regular feedback and coaching that is aligned with training and developmental goals.
Reviews and Approves Financial Reports, Payment Reimbursements & Other Activities
Has signing authority for financial reports, final invoices, the letter of credit draw downs in the federal government's various payment reimbursement systems.
Provides Cash Management Oversight
Ensures all cash management activities are performed accurately and in accordance with University policies and award terms and conditions. Oversees the monthly billing process including the letter of credit drawdowns for federal awards and the generation of invoices for awards set up as cost reimbursable, prepaid, fixed or scheduled.
Collaboration & Communication
Collaborates with the SRA Director to develop curricula and content for compliance focused trainings that educate and inform the University's grants community. Works with administrators in central business units, university academic departments and sponsors to resolve issues.
- Bachelor's degree
- 4-6 years of related experience, including managerial
- Excellent financial and accounting skills
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other electronic databases and financial systems
- Excellent oral and written communications, organization and problem-solving skills, along with a high level of attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relations skills.
- Familiarity with government and non-government sponsored research rules and regulations such as OMB Uniform Guidance
- Ability to understand and interpret government rules and regulations and complex grant and contract language
- Knowledge of online government and non-government grants management systems
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Ability to balance multiple assignments and adjust readily to changing organizational priorities
- Master's degree in business administration, finance, accounting or relevant field
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft Grants, Coeus, Cognos
- Experience with the administration and accounting for federal sponsored research grants
- Experience at Princeton University or a university similar to Princeton University
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.