8AM - 5PM
$39,526 - $49,172
UCR Health is a team of physicians, specialists and healthcare professionals dedicated to improving the health of Inland Southern California residents and families by bringing health home to our communities.
Established alongside the School of Medicine at the University of California, Riverside, UCR Health is growing to meet the healthcare needs of the region - bringing innovative, culturally sensitive medical care to our communities. Our patient-centered primary care and specialty services deliver university-based healthcare excellence and innovation to the communities where we live, work and play. To learn more about UCR Health, please visit: www.ucrhealth.org
The Medical Assistant will contribute to the growth and success in meeting our mission by working closely with healthcare providers to support patient care needs. All delivered in a patient centric environment.
Medical Assistant Diploma or Certificate of Competency. Must have written evidence to validate training and competency as a medical assistant (i.e., certification of completion of a medical assistant training program, or a letter from supervising physician). To administer injections or provide venipuncture, must have written evidence of validation for training and competence in medication administration by injecting and skin testing.
Basic Life Support (BLS).
Understanding of medical terminology.
Familiarity with universal precautions, handling of bio-hazardous waste, specimen identification and transport. Experience using standard exam room medical equipment and computers.
Strong oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with patients of varying ages and multicultural backgrounds. Strong interpersonal skills. Must demonstrate customer service skills appropriate to the job.
Must possess the skill, knowledge and ability essential to the successful performance of assigned duties. Ability to maintain a work pace appropriate to the workload. Ability to work well in a constantly changing environment.
Flexibility to work variable hours, including occasional evenings. Travel will be required between practice sites and administrative office.
Prior experience working in a multi-specialty clinic.
Current Medical Assistant Certification.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview