University Information Analyst
Aurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.
Position Purpose: University Information Analyst supports learning by providing data support and analytical functions within the area of University Analytics. The Office of University Analytics is responsible for compiling, analyzing and reporting on data for University, academic and administrative personnel as well as governmental agencies, accreditation agencies and other public requests.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Collect, maintain, and report statistical institutional data and information online and in print.
- Gather, manage, and respond accurately and timely to data requests received from internal and external constituents.
- Extract data from various internal and external sources, including Colleague and Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS).
- Provide quantitative data analysis support for external and internal institutional research reporting, ad hoc analyses, and other external and internal requests for information, including but not limited to IPEDS, Common Data Set, KPIs, NCAA reporting, Gainful Employment, accreditation reports, and internal surveys.
- Develop and maintain a meaningful set of standard reports for internal and external audiences.
- Conduct quality assurance data program across the University.
- Assist with a wide variety of survey research efforts, including survey construction, development of survey instruments, deployment of surveys, analysis of results, and construction of survey reports.
- Coordinate data collection, extraction, basic analysis, and production of reports and materials required for program reviews and course evaluations.
- Provide technical assistance to administration, faculty, and staff on standardized and ad hoc requests.
- Be knowledgeable in federal enrollment and degree reporting requirements, and troubleshooting reporting data and system problems.
- Participate in other projects, including peer institution comparisons, assessment and retention analysis, and financial analytics.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in research, social science, educational research, math, or other area with strong analytic focus preferred
- Two to four years of previous data management and analytic experience.
- Prior experience with Ellucian Colleague, Entrinsik Informer, Microsoft Office and dashboards preferred.
- Work experience in a higher educational setting preferred.
- Demonstrated analytical and reporting skills.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis in Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of SPSS, SAS, R, or SQL programming.
- Strong ability to complete tasks as a team member and communicate prepared reports and analyses to University departments and outside agencies.
- Ability to multitask, organize and effectively prioritize tasks.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently with great attention for detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Commitment to accuracy, clarity, promptness and reliability.
- Strong focus on providing excellent customer service.
- Knowledge, understanding and ability to create and maintain thorough documentation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate computer keyboard, mouse and other computer components.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
email@example.com - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.