Family Medicine - 300690
The University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth, Department of Family Medicine of the Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine (TCOM), is seeking physicians' board certified in Family Medicine and Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine to become program director for the Osteopathic Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine (ONMM) residencies. This program includes ONMM residents and integrated Family Practice/ONMM residents. Our programs are ACGME accredited and we want to continue to grow this very strong residency program. UNT health is committed to continuing to grow osteopathic manipulation and other musculoskeletal medicine services. We are in the heart of Fort Worth, one of "America's Most Livable Communities" and have thriving culture, commerce, Historic Stockyards, remarkable museums, a vibrant and clean downtown area, Botanical Gardens and great annual events!
The Family Medicine Department at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire a Assistant/Associate Professor to join our team.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Carrying out residency requirements and responsibilities consistent with ACGME standards.
* Resident supervision, education, and mentoring.
* Graduate Medical Education meetings and training.
* Ambulatory patient care.
* Research and academic scholarly activity encouraged with protected academic time.
* Minimal call.
* Competitive Salary based on experience and qualifications.
* Full health and retirement benefits as a full-time state employee.
* Faculty rank as an assistant, associate or full professor.
* Assistance with credentialing and relocation.
* Paid malpractice, relocation and generous CME funds.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
*Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree from an AOA-accredited college
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Excellent communication, clinical, and leadership skills
* Bilingual Spanish/English or other foreign language is a plus
* Academic experience is preferred but not mandatory
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Salary commensurate with experience
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
If required, please list all certifications required for this position.
Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree from an AOA-accredited college
Official Job Title
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled