Information Security Analyst
Information Security Analyst
Product Development & Engineering
The Information Security Office is responsible for protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability of UNT Health Science Center information resources and managing risk to those resources. The team is responsible for all UNTHSC information resources including clinical, research, financial, and student academic data.
The Information Security Office at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire an Information Security Analyst to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Local administration of centrally managed Antivirus/Anti-malware solution.
* Response to security vulnerabilities, threats, and incidents
* Administer endpoint protection systems
* Information security administration and compliance duties.
* Enagement of internal/external security vulnerability assessment activities (software/hardware/process).
* Responsibility for creating information security related measures and metrics and reporting on same.
* Responsibility for participating in projects in a security advisory role and performing routine security evaluations of new software solutions.
* Management of enterprise web content filtering system.
* Management of Intrusion Detection/Prevention systems.
* Enforce security policies by utilizing all aspects the network including hardware and software security mechanisms and controls.
* Responsibility for creating and delivering Security Awareness Training content to the Institution as part of the established Security Program.
* Responsibility for management of enterprise level network and server monitoring solution (preemptive alerts when any given IT service is not available).
* Perform accounts administration/Identity Management related functions and participate as a member of the accounts administration team.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree and three (3) years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and a cover letter with their online application.
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Monday - Friday 8am to 5pm
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
Official Job Title
Senior Systems Administrator
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled