Facilities Planner - Architect
Facilities Planner - Architect
Facilities Admin - 356000
The Facilities Management mission is to make University of North Texas Health Science Center a place where the facilities and grounds are aesthetically pleasing, clean, well maintained, energy efficient and appropriate to support the institutional Mission and Vision. We are dedicated to providing services to the Health Science Center by maintaining an environment that is conducive to learning, teaching, and research.
The Facilities Management Department at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire a Facilities Planner to join our team.
The Facilities Planner is responsible for the design of primarily building interior remodeling projects. Represents the HSC during Capital Construction Projects by participating in all project design meetings and plan reviews to ensure campus standards are met. Participates in the evaluation of potential consultants and/or contractors. Reviews plans/specifications prepared by architectural/engineering consultants.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Create design documents and construction documents consulting with clients to determine needs.
* Meet with end users to determine needs.
* Develop and prepare preliminary design concept drawings.
* Develop and prepare construction documents working with Construction Manager and Project Engineer to develop standard specifications.
* Develop campus ACADD design standard and assist Construction Manager with management of closeout documents and one year warranty walks.
* Assisting with project budget creation, confirm budget numbers and FF&E are in alignment with current market
* Assist in addressing constructability issues or architectural compliance issues as they arise.
* Prepare plans and specifications for major construction and remodeling/renovation projects for UNTHSC facilities from $50k-$500k.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
Bachelor's degree and five (5) years of related experience, and Valid Architectural License
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Developing Concept Drawings, work with end users to determine the best use of space and get concept drawings approved by department head.
* Developing Construction Documents, the drawings will be used as construction documents and must be free from design issues and conflicts.
* Developing Construction Specifications must align with specific standards set forth by the Foreman over the trade and in alignment with overall Facilities expectations.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and a cover letter with their online application.
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Monday - Friday
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
Official Job Title
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled