Interprofessional Education - 300560
The Department of Interprofessional Education and Practice is an institutional academic support unit that provides leadership and support to all UNTHSC colleges and schools in the implementation of institutional initiatives around collaborative practice.
The Interprofessional Education Department at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire a Assessment Specialist to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Develops program goals and plans for implementation in specialty area.
* Develops recommendations and strategies for improvements in specialty area.
* Function as an institutional specialist in higher education assessment with responsibility for the design, measurement, analysis and reporting of interprofessional education (IPE) and interprofessional collaborative practice (IPCP) educational outcomes.
* Develop effective assessment instruments and processes for measurement of IPE and IPCP learner competency development and educational program effectiveness, across the preclinical, clinical and graduate medical education continuum.
* Oversees and participates in the continuum of IPE and IPCP curriculum development, implementation assessment, implementation, data collection and reporting.
* Assist HSC college/schools and academic departments with the collection and analysis of student IPEP outcomes assessment.
* Provide regular reporting on progress towards achieving IPEP Department and Institutional IPEP goals and objectives.
* Maintain an institutional repository for IPEP assessment metrics and reports and a comprehensive institutional IPE assessment database.
* Maintain up-to date information on programmatic, institutional, and accreditation IPEP requirements and guidelines across HSC colleges/schools and partner schools and programs.
* Oversight of a data dashboard for assessment-related activities and reporting.
* Responds in a timely fashion to administrative requests for IPEP data, survey responses, reports and evaluations concerning IPEP curriculum and its assessment.
* Lead and participate in interprofessional educational research and scholarly activities.
* Design, conduct and partner in studies on relationships between the knowledge, attitudes and skills associated with effective IPEP and patient outcomes.
* Seek extramural funding to support programmatic assessment activities.
* Attend and present at state and national conferences and workshops with the approval of the Director of IPEP.
* Supports the IPEP Department Director and Assistant Director in IPE and IPCP curriculum development and implementation.
* Performs other related duties as assigned by the IPEP Director and Assistant Director.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
Bachelor's degree and five (5) years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Master's degree (PhD, PsyD, or EdD preferred) in analytics, health sciences, behavioral or social science, educational, organization, industrial or social psychology, higher education learning assessment or closely related field, with an emphasis on learning assessment and or education program evaluation with statistical analysis and quantitative research foundations.
* Demonstrated experience in program evaluation, educational research higher education assessment (preferable 4 years or greater).
* Experience in higher education student outcomes assessment, program evaluation, educational research, organizational studies, or behavioral research with health professions education preferred.
* Experience in designing, conducting, analyzing, interpreting, and reporting academic research and student outcomes assessment around interprofessional education and practice competencies preferred.
* Experience with data management, storage and assessment software.
* Department Specific.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and a cover letter with their online application.
Commensurate with Experience
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
Official Job Title
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled