Police-Administration - 355400
The University of North Texas Health Science Center Police Department is a full service law enforcement agency serving the University of North Texas Health Science Center and its associated clinics. It is a 2,100 student campus, located on 33 acres, in the cultural district of Fort Worth, TX. The Police Department is among only 41 universities nationwide to have earned accreditation from the International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators (IACLEA). Visit the UNTHSC police website at http://web.unthsc.edu/police
for additional information.
The University of North Texas Health Science Center Police Department is seeking to hire a Police Sergeant to join their team. Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Supervising sworn police officers, public service officers, and others engaged in the protection and safeguarding of human lives and personal and public property.
* Duties include the supervision and responsibility for on-the-job training and orientation of newly hired police officers.
* Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned tasks and goals.
* Functions as a first-line supervisor over staff.
* Oversees the day-to-day operations of groups of employees.
* Responsible for training and development of subordinate staff, estimating personnel needs, assigning work, meeting completion dates, interpreting and ensuring consistent application of organizational policies.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
* Bachelors degree and three years of law enforcement experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Thorough knowledge of traffic, civil and criminal law, city ordinances, and all University rules and regulations.
* Ability to plan, lay out, direct, and coordinate the work of subordinates.
* Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions.
* Ability to effectively communication oral and written instructions to subordinates.
* Ability to effectively take command and act in a calm and effective manner in emergency and disaster situations.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
* Ability to train others.
* High degree of integrity, moral character, and personal behavior.
* Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed and work supervised.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Commensurate with experience
12 hour shifts, vary as needed
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
If required, please list all certifications required for this position.
TCOLE Intermediate Peace Officer Certification
Official Job Title
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled