Correctional Medicine - 350501
This Administrative Specialist position will be located within the University of North Texas Health Science Center (UNTHSC) and assigned to the Correctional Medicine Department (CMD). This position will principally report to CMD's Finance Manager with additional collaboration with the Executive Director, Business Office Manager, Clinical Manager, and Medical Director.
The position functions include clerical and administrative support such as preparing correspondence, scheduling meetings and appointments, organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files, and providing other general front office duties and responsibilities for CMD.
The Correctional Medicine Department at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire a Administrative Specialist to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Providing administrative and front office duties and responsibilities for CMD's clinical, business and finance operations to include clerical, office automation, and communication support.
* Assist with processing payment requests, preparing refunds, contract administration, and documenting contract files to support CMD business and finance operations.
* Research and prepare written and oral responses to inquiries from internal and external customers regarding status of accounts payable, accounts receivable, and other contract information requests.
* Assist with coordinating travel and expense reimbursements for faculty and staff assigned to CMD with the UNT's Business Service Center (BSC) including processing budget verification requests, signature authorizations, and scheduling reservations requests utilizing UNTHSC's designated on-line travel system.
* When necessary, assist the Clinical Division in scanning and processing medical records requests and other clinical documentation necessary to support CMD contract operations.
* Assist with maintaining detailed electronic and paper filing system for CMD records including archiving appropriate business and financial records to support CMD contract requirements and internal/external audits.
* Create and maintain positive and collegial working relationships with all internal and external providers as well as UNTHSC departments.
* Attend professional developmental training and meetings related to computer support, office automation, and office communication and apply knowledge and findings to assigned job duties and responsibilities.
* Serve as the department administrative representative for UNTHSC campus initiatives and assist with other department projects, meetings, proposals and other duties as assigned.
* Assist the Financial Manager, Business Office Manager, Clinical Manager and/or Executive Director on special projects assigned by UNTHSC Executive Staff as well as all other duties as assigned.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
Bachelor's degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Experience in providing administrative support for a health care business office with proficiencies in personal computers, office automation and communication technology.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
Official Job Title
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled