Associate/Full Professor, Patient Safety
Associate/Full Professor, Patient Safety
Pharmacotherapy - 301300
The University of North Texas System College of Pharmacy seeks applications for an associate or full professor in the Department of Pharmacotherapy for the Health Sciences Campus. This position, available immediately, is a full-time, non-tenure track or tenure track appointment based in Fort Worth, Texas with a focus on patient safety that is process- and operations-oriented (high reliability systems).
Fort Worth is the 16th-largest city in the United States and a major tourist destination in Texas. Comprised of eight primary entertainment districts each offering distinct dining, shopping, entertainment and cultural amenities. Available Fort Worth experiences include NASCAR racing, rodeos, world-class museums, a Top 5 zoo, and horseback riding.
The Pharmacotherapy Department at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire a Associate/Full Professor, Patient Safety to join our team.
Typical responsibilities of the positions are summarized below:
Service: Provide innovative services pertaining to patient and medication safety as a team member of the interprofessional UNTHSC Institute for Patient Safety and the Department of Pharmacotherapy. The Institute is expected to have a state-wide orientation for maximal impact on improving patient safety.
Teaching: Teach, coordinate, and develop elements of the PharmD curriculum that involve patient safety education, including Pharmacy Administration and Evidence-based Medicine. Other tasks may be assigned by the Department Chair or designee. Opportunities to precept students will also be available.
Scholarship: The applicant will develop an active program of research and scholarship in quantitative patient safety outcomes including medication safety, leading to a sustained record of primary, peer-reviewed publications. Literature contributions should have a national/international impact in the area of patient safety. The candidate is also expected to seek external funding opportunities and present at and national and international meetings. A demonstrated track record of scholarship with a strong possibility of sustained federal funding (i.e. NIH; FDA; CDC) will be favorably considered.
Service to the University: Participation in College, Department, and University/Campus Committees as directed by the Department Chair or designee and serving in an advisory role to student groups or functions.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
* Applicants must have either a PharmD from an accredited ACPE program or a Ph.D. degree and post-doctoral fellowship in pharmacokinetics/pharmacometrics.
* Appointment at the Associate Professor level will require at least five years of teaching experience.
* Applicants must be eligible for pharmacy licensure in Texas.
* Depending on the level of appointment, successful candidates must show potential for or have demonstrated a record of excellence as an educator, scholar, and clinician. The level of appointment will be commensurate with experience.
* Applicants will have a significant background in both inpatient and ambulatory pharmacy operations including operational performance improvement.
* Applicants should also be familiar with electronic health records and mechanisms to prevent medication errors in both the clinical and operational component of pharmaceutical delivery; examples include but are not limited to bar coding, medication reconciliation, and medication distribution.
* Applicant will be an expert thought leader who is knowledgeable of high reliability and performance improvement with safety programs.
* Applicant must have a commitment to diversity and equal opportunity.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Applicants with 3-5 years' experience as a Pharmacy Director or Quality Officer are preferred.
* Experience with developing new initiatives such as development of patient safety programs and patient safety consulting services is highly desired.
* Demonstrated ability to produce scholarly activity in an academic setting in the form of peer reviewed publications is desired.
Special Instructions to Applicants
The salary will be commensurate with experience. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Qualified applicants should apply on line where they will include a letter of intent, current curriculum vitae, and the names and addresses of three references.
Questions about the search process may be addressed to the search committee chair:
Meredith Howard, PharmD, BCPS
Chair, Pharmacotherapy Search Committee
Department of Pharmacotherapy
UNT System College of Pharmacy
3500 Camp Bowie Blvd., RES 435D
Fort Worth, TX 76107
For further information regarding the University of North Texas System College of Pharmacy, view this website: https://www.unthsc.edu/college-of-pharmacy/
The University of North Texas Health Science Center enjoys a smoke-free campus and is an EEO/Affirmative Action Institution.
Commensurate with experience
Monday - Friday
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
If required, please list all certifications required for this position.
Pharmacy licensure in Texas
Official Job Title
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled