Geriatrics - 300702
UNTHealth has a mission to serve the people of Texas, advance the health of communities and support the mission of UNT Health Science Center.
* Through the compassionate delivery of quality healthcare services to a diverse population.
* By advancing medical knowledge with participation in research.
* By actively participating in the education of current and future healthcare providers.
* Through collaboration with communities to improve access of healthcare for all people.
The vision of UNTHealth is: "To be the healthcare provider of choice"
The University of North Texas Health Science Center's Department of Internal Medicine, Center for Geriatrics is seeking to hire a qualified Assistant/Associate Professor.
The Center for Geriatrics has the goal of strengthening Geriatric education and training programs and empowering seniors to help them stay healthy enough to lead the best quality of life possible through direct patient care.
This position includes, but is not limited to:
* Teaching of medical students, residents and Geriatric fellows.
* Clinical geriatrics care involving the continuum care.
* Opportunities for clinical research in Alzheimer's disease and End-of-Life Care.
* Credentialing assistance, paid liability insurance, CME and vacation package.
* Opportunity to work with local hospitals, nursing and hospice facilities.
* Health and retirement benefits as a full-time state employee.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
* Must have formal Geriatrics care training.
* Board certification in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine is required.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Experience in dementia evaluation and geriatric education.
* Possess excellent communication, clinical, and leadership skills.
* Bilingual Spanish/English or other foreign language.
* Academic experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Commensurate with experience
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
If required, please list all certifications required for this position.
Official Job Title
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled