Geriatrics - 300702
UNTHealth has a mission to serve the people of Texas, advance the health of communities and support the mission of UNT Health Science Center:
* Through the compassionate delivery of quality healthcare services to a diverse population
* By advancing medical knowledge with participation in research
* By actively participating in the education of current and future healthcare providers
* Through collaboration with communities to improve access of healthcare for all people
The vision of UNTHealth is: "To be the healthcare provider of choice"
The University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire a Research Specialist to join their team in the Center for Geriatrics. Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Facilitate small groups of medical students in communication skills with patients of diverse background, ailments, and mental health conditions.
* Administer various neuropsychological tests and document appropriate clinical observations.
* Interpret neuropsychological findings and assist in report writing.
* Train and observe PhD students in the administration of neuropsychological tests.
* Serve as liaison between staff and social workers regarding patient care, earning their confidence with reliable follow-through and clear communication.
* Conduct research and assist in the conduct of research, including the collection of information and samples.
* Analyze experimental data.
* Keep detailed logs of all work-related activities.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university and two (2) years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Salary Commensurate with Experience
M-F 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
Official Job Title
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled